Good Sams card

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floyd2u

Ok stupid question time. Getting gas at flying Js or loves do you swipe your credit card first than the good sams card for you discount?  Every time I try to use it I need to go inside then prepay I have been swiping GS first than credit card going in for the discount is A PITA

Thanks

You swipe credit card first. It then asks you for your "loyalty" card. However, it is easier and you get a 14 cent discount on diesel if you use the Flying J credit card.

ken

We have found very few Pilots or FJs that will process the GS card at the pump.  Always have had to go inside and prepay to get the discount.  Maybe the technology is getting here now a days though that will allow the GS card at the pump.
Never came accross a Loves that offered the GS discount.

I have never had a problem at Pilot or Flying J when I swipe the credit card first and the Good Sam card second when ask for the loyalty card. We do stay mainly on the east coast so that may make a difference.

The pumps at the car & RV islands may operate differently than the truck diesel lanes, which could explain some of the differing opinions here. That used to be the case, but I'm a couple years out of date on how the truck islands perate, so won't try to elaborate further.

Also, a few PFJ's are franchise locations rather than corporate-owned and they have their own way of doing things, which may even include no GS discount at some of them.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Also, a few PFJ's are franchise locations rather than corporate-owned and they have their own way of doing things, which may even include no GS discount at some of them.
Some don't even recognize the FJ card -- ran into that in Montana a while back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom