Good year tires not so good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seeing how someone else balanced them after it actually sounds like at least 1 bad tire.
Of course no other manufacturer ever has bad tires. :rolleyes:

It's not a question of that, but re-read the original post -- the dealer didn't seem to know (or maybe to care) how to fix the problem, repeatedly.

I am not surprised, Goodyear 670's have an awful reputation on the online RV forums
I had them on my Beaver, and the only complaint I was aware of is that they often wear oddly on the steering axle. They certainly were robust for me, including when added as replacements.

Of course no other manufacturer ever has bad tires. :rolleyes:

It's not a question of that, but re-read the original post -- the dealer didn't seem to know (or maybe to care) how to fix the problem, repeatedly.
Where did I say that no other manufacturers had bad tires? I never did. I am pretty sure that you mentioned the OP went to a bad dealer and I only commented that it appears that he has a bad tire which could have happened at the best tire dealer he could go to.

Where did I say that no other manufacturers had bad tires? I never did. I am pretty sure that you mentioned the OP went to a bad dealer and I only commented that it appears that he has a bad tire which could have happened at the best tire dealer he could go to.
Certainly it could, but not the runaround he got. 'Nuff said...

I just bought 6 new Goodyear G670 70 19.5 tires on our 2013 Georgetown and they vibrate the entire coach. The dealer we got them from said they are not warrentied for being out of round. Goodyear refuses to do any thing to correct the problem he said... I have had them balanced twice once at the selling dealer and then again at a heavy truck tire dealer and still vibrates very bad from 45 to 55 mph. I doubt if I would ever buy any goodyear tires again ever..

There are companies that do Tire Truing... alas I do not know them but they shave a bit off the tire to make it round.. Kind of like they do with brake drums.

Back
Top Bottom