Goodyear Endurance Tire Reviews anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papachaz

I am looking to replace the almost 4 year old tires on my travel trailer. I have a full set of the goodyear endurance in my shopping cart at ETrailer.com, I've read the reviews on the tires online, but I would prefer to ask in a dedicated RV group I trust. Who has these tires, since they've been out a few years now there should be enough information on them to know yes or no, before I order them. Anyone? and thanks in advance. BTW I did do a search before asking, very little information that I found.

I have no experience with them but have heard they are one of the best choice. Will order them next time around. I use a 15” rim.

I’ve had them on my 38 ft fifth wheel for two years and have not had any problems with them. I would buy them again. Were just weekend warriors with about 20 or so weekend trips on them so far.

No experience with them, but I also have heard nothing but good, and they will be my next tire. Ask the tire installer to balance them. Many snicker and laugh at balancing trailer tires, for me, I want the smooth ride back there as well.

I have had them on three TTs so far. I have not had a problem with them. I put the D rated tires on factory C rated campers and had no problems with the sidewalls distorting in hard turns. This is not the case with the China bombs. In the middle of the summertime when driving on the interstates in the south, the air pressure will increase over ten pounds in some cases. So keep tabs on your tire pressure when doing week long trips for sure. There has been many reports of the China tires blowing apart and tearing up some of the wheel wells and camper sides in the process.

I've had them on our camper now for 5 yrs and couldn't be happier with them. I had several bad experiences with China tires and put the GY Endurance tires on as soon as I learned they were American made. I don't have a pressure monitoring system but I check the tires regularly and the GYs have been reliably constant. I can't say that for my previous tires. Without going outside and checking the truck log, I'd say I've got at least 20,000 mi on them.

My Arctic Fox came with 225/75R15 load range E GY Endurance tires. I put about 4000 kms on it last summer and they seem fine. I run them cold at 80 psi and they do gain about 10 -12 psi when running. So far I don't see any abnormal wear.

thanks everyone! I had read a ton of reviews 'online' and done the research, but you never know how many of those reviews are actually people who have them or are just getting paid to write positive reviews. Ordering today!

Yeah I had my last new set of camper tires balanced and the tire shop guy was all tore up about having to do it, 'NO ONE balances trailer tires' LOL I told him I'm not no one, I'm someone, someone who was paying for what I wanted, and I wanted my camper tires balanced ;)

ok I ordered them from ETrailer. I will give a hint here for anyone who doesn't have that capital one shopping app you see Samuel Jackson advertising for on TV, I've had that a couple of years, it just ran 7 codes and found one that saved me $27.....almost enough to cover the sales tax. No, I don't work for capital one, I barely even work for my DW :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have bought two full sets online. The last set I spoke to my local Goodyear Dealer and they actually sold the current set cheaper and mounted them on the trailer. They also greased my wheel bearings in the process at no charge. I had been paying 20 bucks a tire for mounting. So the online price was not a deal at all.

We've had ours 3 years with two round trips from Kansas to Florida and we love them. Can't see any wear and never worry about a flat or running 70 mph when she creeps up. We will buy them again.

My tires have a 2016 date code I think. I know they have about 15k miles (2 north NY to south CA round trips) on them. The inspector said they should be replaced soonish but not urgently.
After I get the trailer home in April, there will only be 3 moves totaling 200 miles May-Sept so I may be able to put off tires till fall.
I looked on Amazon (just cause searching for stuff is easy) and found a GY Endurance in my size 235/80R16 but it didn’t say ST or mention the load rating. My trailer has a GVWR of 14k with 2 axels. What would be a good load rating?
After this year, we do plan on some long trips (think KOFA for example).

thanks

I have blown out two ST tires on my car trailer. Will be using LTs from now on. I know this will spark debate, just talking from experience.

My tires have a 2016 date code I think. I know they have about 15k miles (2 north NY to south CA round trips) on them. The inspector said they should be replaced soonish but not urgently.
After I get the trailer home in April, there will only be 3 moves totaling 200 miles May-Sept so I may be able to put off tires till fall.
I looked on Amazon (just cause searching for stuff is easy) and found a GY Endurance in my size 235/80R16 but it didn’t say ST or mention the load rating. My trailer has a GVWR of 14k with 2 axels. What would be a good load rating?
After this year, we do plan on some long trips (think KOFA for example).

thanks
Goodyear makes an Endurance tire that is not a trailer tire. If it doesn't say ST in front of the size, its not a trailer tire. You don't say whether you have a bumper pull or a fifth wheel. Since you have 16 inch rims, I would seriously consider a set of Light Truck tires if you can get some with a load rating high enough. If a bumper pull a 14K trailer would be expected to have at least 10% on the tongue so you can expect 12,600 lbs on the axles (I'll bet you have 6000 lb axles)!

If you have a fifth wheel (looks like it from the description in your profile) then they would only calculate about 11,200 lbs on the axles. Again, probably 6000 lb axles.

A Michelin Agilis Cross Climate Commercial tire (thats the letter C on the end of the size) 235/65R16C 121/119R LRE (28 inch diameter) has a rated capacity single wheel, of 3,195 at 83 psi. These tires are designed for vans such a Promaster and Sprinters where the loads are quite high. Another C rated tire (there are very few sizes of the Commercial tires) is
225/75R16C 121/120R LRE which is 29.3 inches in diameter, and has the same 3,195 capacity.

HOWEVER................................

The size you have given in a Goodyear Endurance ST235/80-16 is an 87 MPH rated, 3417 lbs (another place on the web page it says 3,420 lbs) capacity tire, so if you need the capacity, the Endurance is the way to go.
Tire Size ST235/80R16
Product Code 724858519
Endurance® Trailer Tire | Goodyear Tires

Charles

Thanks
what does the LRE stand for?

actually, the size I stated was from the build sheet for the trailer. It states the size and serial # of the original tires.

yes, it is a dual axel 5th wheel. GVWR is stated to be 13,990 but I just think 14k. My tire place has the Endurance at $200 each, mounted.
off topic.. my truck has Michelin Defenders. $318 each, mounted & balanced. Gonna need those too before a long trip.

LRE means Load Range E. They used to say "10 ply rated" but that was confusing as the tire is not ten ply and hasn't been in years, so they just give it a Load Range. The important number is the pounds it will carry, 3420 lb.

As far as your truck tires, the Defenders are slowly being phased out and they may not manufacture your size any longer. If you do get them, pay attention to the date codes on each tire, as they may have been hidden in a warehouse somewhere for a long time. I ran into this problem with my truck when I wanted to replace a tire that had some curbing damage (It was still a good tire and I moved it to the spare position). I had to settle for a year or so old tire, as my size in the Defender is out of production.

The replacement is a Michelin Agilis Cross Climate.

https://www.michelinman.com/tires/cross-climate/agilis-crossclimate.html

And is probably a better tire, as it is "commercial rated"

Charles

Another C rated tire (there are very few sizes of the Commercial tires) is
225/75R16C 121/120R LRE which is 29.3 inches in diameter, and has the same 3,195 capacity.

Charles

Charles,
I have a similar question regarding ST vs LT tires. We own a 2019 Keystone Outback 328RL which was delivered with 225/75R15 ST tires. The trailer GVWR is 10,500# and the trailer has Dexter 5200#, 6-lug axles from Keystone.
We plan to haul the trailer to South Dakota from Boise in June and I wanted to upgrade the wheels & tires to 16". The problem is I can't increase the tire diameter by 2.5" (235/80R16 ST) because of clearance issues with the tandem axle spacing. There is a commercial grade LT tire sized in LT225/75R16 which will work. The load rating for the LT tire is 121/120 (3195#S, 3085#D) which is better than the ST225/75R15 load rating but no tire manufacturer will say that it's OK to use their LT tires for trailer service due to liability issues.

Is it safe to run the LT 16" tire in place of the 15" ST tire?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom