Gorilla Ladders-Home Depot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doesn't answer your question but I've had one of these for the last 3 RVs. Lightweight, folds to about 6"x6"x7'

I have a 10' one. It is very sturdy. And heavy. I have mostly used mine set up for use as a scaffold for washing my pick up truck with a topper. If you're wanting something to get on the roof of your coach, I'd recommended the 12' model

ChasA said:
I have a 10' one. It is very sturdy. And heavy. I have mostly used mine set up for use as a scaffold for washing my pick up truck with a topper. If you're wanting something to get on the roof of your coach, I'd recommended the 12' model
Not for getting on roof. Coach has a ladder for that. I can see using it for cleaning windshield and other windows, clearing debris from slide toppers, looking in neighbors windows. Stuff like that.

Alpena Jeff said:
Interesting Scott. Store in a pass thru right? Not sure I can reach slide covers. Can you?

Yes, stores in pass through. I do wish it was another foot taller as it is just barely tall enough, but any taller and it wouldn't fit in the pass-through. I wouldn't want to carry anything bigger.

I just tested it against the motorhome slides and standing on the second from top rung the slidetopper material is about neck height, so you'd be able to use a broom and just reach to clear the topper if that's your concern. You'd want someone to steady the ladder as you'd be right near the top.

Jeff,
If you get the Gorilla ladder, I recommend buying a pair of rubber caps to go over the ladder stiles so the ladder doesn't scratch your coach. I have some made by Werner (ladders). They were really intended for Werner extension ladders  but fit well enough on the Gorilla.

I like the telescoping ladders contracted 3.5' up to 15.5' expanded with not much of  footprint. I carry it to clear debris, snow, or while washing.

We picked up one of these https://www.costcobusinessdelivery.com/Cosco-3-Step-Heavy-Duty-Step-Stool.product.11985759.html from a Costco Business Center.  About 9 lbs and $28.00.  The 5'2" DW uses it primarily but I've used it to clean the windshield.  With my long arms, I can clean most of the windshield if I support myself by holding on to one of the side mirrors. 

I like a ladder that has a decent size platform for a rung.  I find that standing on ladders like extension ladders (rather small rung), for any length of time, especially without boots on, will hurt the bottoms of my feet.

I love the stool that @Garyb1st mentioned in the sticks and bricks.  Super handy and easy.

For the camper based on a couple of "other" forum reviews I've been thinking about these guys..... 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077PBC787/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B077PBC787&pd_rd_w=RUzX7&pf_rd_p=21517efd-b385-405b-a405-9a37af61b5b4&pd_rd_wg=OpYqd&pf_rd_r=JTTERJ6SY9NAG19ZSYEG&pd_rd_r=eaf71b14-25d7-11e9-8d89-2156212e8c69

Not done yet - but seems really useful....

-Kyle

Chakara said:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077PBC787/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B077PBC787&pd_rd_w=RUzX7&pf_rd_p=21517efd-b385-405b-a405-9a37af61b5b4&pd_rd_wg=OpYqd&pf_rd_r=JTTERJ6SY9NAG19ZSYEG&pd_rd_r=eaf71b14-25d7-11e9-8d89-2156212e8c69

I like the idea of this.

I carry a 7ft step ladder in my basement and can reach just about everything.  More stable IMO as there are 4 feet on the ground.
The very top step (which I don't stand on) has an area to hold tools or cleaners or paper towels etc.
Mine is a Keller brand, has a 250lb rating and was under $100.  Got mine at Menards, but I assume Home Depot or Lowes
would have them too.

Just another option for you to think about.

Chakara said:
I love the stool that @Garyb1st mentioned in the sticks and bricks.  Super handy and easy.

For the camper based on a couple of "other" forum reviews I've been thinking about these guys..... 

Not done yet - but seems really useful....

-Kyle

Iwas looking at a similar type just today.
https://www.amazon.com/Telescoping-Aluminum-telescopic-Extension-Mechanism/dp/B07FVP5Q4S/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1549315568&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=telescoping+ladder&psc=1

One of these would seem to solve some of the storage issues, but wondering in anybody here has some practical experience with them.

I've got one of these Werner Multi-purpose things with a 11 ft reach, fully extended. It's very sturdy, and has served well around the house, but it's heavy and takes up a bit of space, and comes a tad short for roof access, so looking for a better option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom