Gosh I am bored and antsy and want ideas for my planned trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darsben

Central NY in summer beautiful Casa Grande AZ in w
We have 78 days till we can get on the road again. My DW needs surgery and that won't happen for 4 weeks  so by the time she is cleared it will be October 8th.
The coach appears to be ready
The itinerary is set more or less.
MY route is;
Syracuse to Millersburg, OH. Via back roads.Ohio is home to the largest Amish community in the U.S.  Some great auctions and site seeing in the area.
Then back roads to Columbus, OH and Interstate 71 to Louisville.
Plans from Louisville to Nashville are loossy goossy at the moment but we will be stopping in Nashville and probably take in a show at the Ryman or Grand OL Opry.
Then the Natchez trace to Natchez and a couple of days at Riverview RV  park in Vidalia (right on the Mississippi).
Then we will hop down to The Angola, LA state prison for the rodeo and craft show via back roads.
Then on to Lafayette area for some Cajun music at  Prejean's and Randool's (Randool's has a nice dance floor). Sadly a small part on I 10
Down to Suires in Kaplan for Turtle in Sauce Picant to go
Then probably over to DI's restaurant in the middle of Nowhere near Basile, LA for more dancing (really friendly people). Has its own landing strip and going via back roads
Then over to Lake Charles for some Cajun dance lessons.
'Next we head to the Cajun riviera near Cameron, LA to boon dock on the beach
Much more after that but I wanted to give you all an idea that I do not want to be on interstates although I will if necessary.

So here are the questions.
Can anyone fill in the loossy goossy areas in Kentucky to Nashville on back roads.
Good non chain restaurants places to dance the Waltz, two step, polka and rock
Site seeing.
No Camp grounds as we do not plan stops ahead of time as I never want to be rushed.

In Louisiana any good Cajun or Zydeco dance halls (Exclude New Orleans).  non chain restaurants are welcome as well

This is part of my winter migration

I cannot aid you in your trip, but I too have become bored and antsy. My next travel date begins 9/11 when I'm off to Spearfish, SD then to Moab, UT; Kanab, UT; and finally to St. George, UT. for 8 weeks of four wheeling fun with the FMCA 4Wheelers.

John Beard said:
I cannot aid you in your trip, but I too have become bored and antsy. My next travel date begins 9/11 when I'm off to Spearfish, SD then to Moab, UT; Kanab, UT; and finally to St. George, UT. for 8 weeks of four wheeling fun with the FMCA 4Wheelers.

My 4 wheeler is in Arizona waiting for me on my site.
When I saw the John Beard I was hoping you were a relative of James Beard and going to give me some restaurant tips.
I was disappointed

Back
Top Bottom