Granddaughter needs help with a landscape photography art project.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My wife is a landscape oil painter and we have thousands of pictures in our PC. Here is a link to her website (probably dated). If any of Joy's paintings inspire your granddaughter, reach out to me and I will find the source pictures. Looks to me that you will get more than she will need though. The website does not do justice to her work as the pictures of her art come out washed out on the internet.

talented lady!

Thanks everyone. There were some great photos provided. The granddaughter has decided on a couple of them and is going to start editing and composing.

Thanks everyone. There were some great photos provided. The granddaughter has decided on a couple of them and is going to start editing and composing.
So glad she was able to find some useful pics to work on. Sorry that my photographic efforts come up short, but she had a number of great pics from others to choose from. Like Jackie, I'm eager to know what she decided to work on (patiently awaiting the outcome of your GD's efforts). The before and after comparison will be especially enlightening.

How about @Old_Crow pictures from this thread:

I was just going to post that she's welcome to any of those I posted, including the last one, this morning.

One of our granddaughters is working on a digital art project for school and asked us for some specific landscape photos. I'm a portrait photographer and not a landscape photographer so I don't have any amazing landscape images that fit the criteria for her assignment. I'm hoping someone has an image they will let her use.

Criteria:
  • The landscape image must have foreground and background.
  • It can't be an image that's on the internet.
  • She'd like mountains and trees.
  • Raw or jpeg
  • The assignment includes using Photoshop and Color Theory to enhance the image, so you don't need to make any adjustments to your image.
Her vision for the project is a beautiful scene and then she will create a cartoonish character with a controller in its hand. So it will be a cartoon gamer controlling a beautiful nature scene. She's a National Honor Society Art student and a gamer.

She needs images ASAP. Thanks for your help.
You realize, of course, that every photo provided in this thread violates rule #2! :LOL: ;)

If you want the original photos, I can send them to you. These were reduced in size for internet/computer resolutions:

Pilot Mountain State Park, North Carolina, August 2022.

FsUY8bG.jpg

gHB0bp4.jpg

aiZjbTP.jpg

x42djeN.jpg

TeeSO3u.jpg

8NK22GK.jpg

Not mountains, but FLAT Indiana, standing in my back yard looking across the field at the sunset.
xF5IPX3.jpg

Taylorsville Lake State Park, Kentucky, September 2017

MBjXVsq.jpg

How about a photo of a simple harvested corn field near Lafayette, Indiana:

iOlxPOy.jpg

bH864d5.jpg

Another, "not" mountains, but how about a bean field in Flat Indiana, near Lafayette, Indiana July 23, 2022.

KA4q37L.jpg

Last edited:
You realize, of course, that every photo provided in this thread violates rule #2! :LOL: ;)
Hello Knobs. What is rule #2? I didn't see that the rules are numbered. My Jackie's laughing response maybe this was a joke? Thanks,

Max, a fellow Minnesotan

Last edited:
Reactions: SMR
Criteria:

It can't be an image that's on the internet.

Guessing that is #2

The fact we've posted them here means they are now on the Internet šŸ¤£

I think I and many others have posted images from the internet.
Contest "rule" not forum rule:

Criteria:
  • The landscape image must have foreground and background.
  • It can't be an image that's on the internet.
  • She'd like mountains and trees.
  • Raw or jpeg
  • The assignment includes using Photoshop and Color Theory to enhance the image, so you don't need to make any adjustments to your image.

Back
Top Bottom