Grats to the Colts, Dunge, Manning, the fans, and the AFC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

An excellent game and a fair win.  I am proud of my AFC compadres even if they were the one who knocked my beloved Ravens out of the Superbowl.  The Ravens have never been able to play well against the Colts over the years.

And my hat is off to the Bears.  They were a better team than I originally thought.  Give Rex a little more experience, and a better offensive line, and they will really rip off some meat next year.  Rex has all the athletic equipment he needs.  Better judgment will come with a little more experience which I am sure he will get next year.

I am glad the Bears ignored all the media pressure to bench Grossman.  He showed a lot of heart today!

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
Smoky:

As I stated on another thread the only problem the Bears had was that the defense didn't show up and Grossman did. ;D

Oh well, as old Cub fans there is always next year. ::)

BernieD

Jeff Cousins said:
the only problem the Bears had was that the defense didn't show up and Grossman did. ;D

Oh well, as old Cub fans there is always next year. ::)

As a life long Bear and Cub fan, there is always next year ;)  The Colts played an excellent game, particularly on defense, and the Bears didn't.

Shayne

Was there a game yesterday  dang  must have missed it.  Oh yeah got an email from a friend that was rooting for the Falcons.  Sent one back  Cards Win Cards Win.  his return  They cheated.  LOL Love the games.  See Jeff I wanted a winner and that's why I didn't pick the Cubs  oops  Bears.

BernieD

Shayne said:
Was there a game yesterday  dang  must have missed it.  Oh yeah got an email from a friend that was rooting for the Falcons.  Sent one back  Cards Win Cards Win.  his return  They cheated.  LOL Love the games.  See Jeff I wanted a winner and that's why I didn't pick the Cubs  oops  Bears.

Shayne

A true fan loves his/her team win or loss. Of course winning is more fun, but there is always next year. ;D

Smoky

Bernie has it right.  A true fan sticks with a team through thick and thin.

Jeff, I do not know why you and some of the press are so hard on Grossman, at least in yesterday's game.  He played very well, given the conditions.  He lacks experience, he has never been in a Superbowl before, this is his first year as a regular, and the weather was awful.

Manning on the other hand is in his 7th year, is an all pro, has played all those years with the same team, has been in the Superbowl before, and has played countless games in bad weather, even if his home field is a domed field.  You better treasure Rex, he is a better than average young QB.  I would be glad to trade our young Kyle Boller (who has tried for 5 years to be a starter) for your Rex Grossman.  When McNair goes, the Ravens have nothing for a QB.  If Rex had a better offensive line, you would have seen a lot less pressure on Rex, and a smoother performance.  The Bears offensive line is really suspect, but no one seems to talk about it including the press.

Woody

Smokey,

This was Mannings first year in the SuperBowl too. And since they are a Dome team the Colts are definitely not used to playing in the rain, although with the new retractable roof stadium being built here they could if they wanted to.  :D
Worst year I ever saw was a few years ago when we played New England with about 2 feet of snow on the ground. They literally had to plow the field. Snowed the entire game and Vinaterri kicked the winning field goal into the driving snow.

Woody

Jeff

Moderator Emeritus
Smoky said:
Bernie has it right.  A true fan sticks with a team through thick and thin.

Jeff, I do not know why you and some of the press are so hard on Grossman, at least in yesterday's game.  He played very well, given the conditions.  He lacks experience, he has never been in a Superbowl before, this is his first year as a regular, and the weather was awful.
  If Rex had a better offensive line, you would have seen a lot less pressure on Rex, and a smoother performance.  The Bears offensive line is really suspect, but no one seems to talk about it including the press.

Smoky:

Grossman is probably the only QB in history to go to the SB and not make the picks for the top 15 QB's in the NFL. ::)

Smoky

LOL Jeff, you keep forgetting he is a rookie.  A rookie who goes 13 and 3!  ;D  He needs an offensive line that can protect him.

Woody, I mean to say playoffs for the superbowl, you are correct.

Cabbie

I enjoyed the game too; but it also showed me how out of touch I've been. I didn't realize that Manning was the son of Archie Manning. I watched Archie play many times in high school ( our HS were rivals ), and ran against him in track ( all I saw was his backside ).

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
And Peyton is the older brother of Eli Manning, QB for the Giants.

Smoky

My Admiral had the pleasure of being operated on by the same ortho surgeon who operated on Archie Manning when he broke his arm in Baltimore.  Just some Manning trivia!  ;D

BernieD

Smoky said:
My Admiral had the pleasure of being operated on by the same ortho surgeon who operated on Archie Manning when he broke his arm in Baltimore.  Just some Manning trivia!  ;D

How well can she throw a football now :D :D

Top Bottom