Green Bay Packers Beating Seattle Seahawks in Blinding Snowstorm, NOW!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

Wanna watch a GREAT ballgame?

I am curled up with a Speyside single malt watching the Packers surprise the Seahawks in the first quarter during a snowstorm in Seattle.  Farve looks very sharp and the Packers have intercepted the Seahawks twice in their first two possessions.

And another fumble right now as I type.  This game is going to be a snowy scrum.  You do not get to see football like this very often.  I am recording it as it may be a historic game.  Quite possibly Bret Favre's final Monday Night Football game in his career and I would love to have it on Tivo.

I am trying to put up with listening to the very worst announcer in all of sports, Tony Kornheiser.  He wasn't even a very good journalist and is an awful radio announcer as well.

Doesnt matter though with Bret Favre to watch!

Jeez, that's just a skiff of snow.

I thought Seattle had an enclosed stadium?? Obviously not since that's white stuff on the ground.

Wendy
getting snowed on in Cortez.....real snow, not that little bit in Seattle

Well the announcers did not think it was a skiff.  They were laughing that Seattle only predicted snow flurries. 

It only looks like a skiff now because it turn out that it WAS just a flurry after all.  But for a few minutes you could hardly see the players and could not see the football.  Had ne shivvering and runnig for a single malt.

OHHHHHH WOWWW!

Just now as I type a 3rd Packer interception.  Great game to TIVO!  Love it!!  Looks like Packers on the 9 yard line getting ready to score again!

Great game watching them slide around.

Wendy:

That snow skiff is sure causing some game propblems now.  More dropped passes and other screwups.  Just cost Seattle a touchdown.  If it is just a skiff, it still makes for unusual playing conditions.  Keep in mind this is also the first snow game in history for the Seahawks.  At least that is what they just announced.  I cannot help but think this must be more natural for Favre to play in than for Hasselbeck.

John Madden would have loved this game were he still alive today!

Hmmm, are you telling me that John Madden died in the last couple of days??

Maybe this is Seattle's first home game in the snow because they used to play in a domed stadium??

I was stunned when I read that Wendy.    Smoky  must be pretty heavy into those Malteds.  LOL

Well!  There are at least two people not watching the game.  If you were watching you would have known I was quoting their booth guest Jimmy Kimmel who made the wry comment about Madden.  He was refering to the death of Madden on Monday Night Football.  I understand he has a late night show, but this is the first time I have ever seen him.  He really is very funny.  I will have to track down his show.

Speaking of which, I think Sunday Night Football is MUCH better presented than Monday Night Football.  They have a new theme which rivals the Hank Williams Jr. theme.  I don't even know the name of the girl who sings it but she is HOT!

And the comfortable easy chair style of Madden and Michaels is far better than the frenetic style of Terico, Theismann, and Kornheiser.  If they would at least get rid of Kornheiser, things would dramatically improve.  The drop in Monday ratings and the rise in Sunday ratings ought to be telling ESPN something.  Actually both NBC and ESPN are owned by the same company.

The big advantage Sunday Night Football has is the new concept of flexible scheduling.  Monday Night football on the other hand has to be scheduled almost a year in advance. 

At any rate, guys, tune in the game and you will have a much better appreciation of the Madden is dead line.  :D

Score now GB24, Seattle 27.  Seems like the less it snows, the better the Seahawks play.  This is an exceptionally fun game to watch tonight.  I am rooting for another blizzard and Bret. ;D

Just tuned in and now that the Seahawks have got over the shock of the snow they are getting it back together. Maybe the pack can get a good seafood dinner before they head for home. ;D ;D

You're right Smoky  can't stand the trio you just memtioned. In fact  don't care for Kimmel either.

LOL Jeff.

BTW, if you just tuned in, you would not recognize the field an hour ago. ?It was snow white and looked like a blizzard swirling around. ?It is still confusing the announcers as it is. ?Tirico just called a Shawn Alexander touchdown, but when the dust subsided he was on the 6 yard line. ? :D ?Looks like they are going to score momentarily though, and that is going to make it a two possession game for GB. ?With only 7 minutes to go.

OK Hasselbeck just made good Tirico's premature call with a touchdown pass. ?Two scores now needed for GB. ?Not likely unless we get more snow. ? ;D

Well, lucky for them, the field has almost turned completely green now.  ;D  I am surprised the announcers have not yet made the connection of white field = GB and green field = Seattle.  ;D  It is almost a perfect correlation tonight.

I have been watching the after game show singing the praises of Matt Hasselbeck's return performance tonight.

Sue and I moved to Seattle in late 2000 and Holmgen brought Matt in in 2001. For 2 years Seattle fans booed him almost every game he played because of big mistakes. Holmgren stood by him and called him Seattle's future.

Good call!

Jeff Cousins said:
Sue and I moved to Seattle in late 2000 and Holmgen brought Matt in in 2001. For 2 years Seattle fans booed him almost every game he played because of big mistakes. Holmgren stood by him and called him Seattle's future.

Good call!

I hope Lovie Smith can do the same with Grossman. :'(

Sunday night football in the East ((815EST) was was the Colts drubbing the Eagles.

GO COLTS

Woody

Back
Top Bottom