Green fees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I'm not a golfer, so I'm not sure if "green fees" is the correct term. Just curious about RV resorts with their own golf courses - do you have to pay for the pleasure of playing golf if you rent or buy an RV site in such a resort? Any differentiation in fees between long-term renters and short-stay renters or sub-renters?

Tom said:
I'm not a golfer, so I'm not sure if "green fees" is the correct term. Just curious about RV resorts with their own golf courses - do you have to pay for the pleasure of playing golf if you rent or buy an RV site in such a resort? Any differentiation in fees between long-term renters and short-stay renters or sub-renters?

Every golf course has its own particular method of charging but in my experieince we've all ways had to pay. The discounts usually are structured around the number of rounds one buys on a card or for a season and in some cases a slightly better price for a "resident" vs non-resident.

Tom,

At The Great Outdoors the golf course is separate from the rest of the facility even though most lots/houses are on the course. There is a fee if you want to play golf and others are not allowed on the course at any time. The only exception is for fishermen. They can fish any pond in the park.

Thanks Leo & Jim. It's been a while since I asked the question, but IIRC it was motivated by the criteria some friends had for choosing a resort. I suppose that proximity of the golf course is incentive enough for a golfer.

Jim, as for fishing at TGO, I don't know if I'd be more scared of a wayward golf ball or a hungry alligator  ;D

Tom said:
Thanks Leo & Jim. It's been a while since I asked the question, but IIRC it was motivated by the criteria some friends had for choosing a resort. I suppose that proximity of the golf course is incentive enough for a golfer.

Jim, as for fishing at TGO, I don't know if I'd be more scared of a wayward golf ball or a hungry alligator  ;D

Tom,

I'd say you have a better chance of getting hit with the golf ball than attacked by the gator. :) I'm more concerned about the Pygmy Rattlers!

Back
Top Bottom