Greetings from Alaska!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaska Camper

My husband and I live in Eagle River Alaska.? We bought our first motorhome - a 28 ft, '87 Coachman Leprechaun last fall and have been fixing it up ever since.? We replaced carpet, cleaned and then cleaned and then cleaned some more, and replaced the bunks in the back bedroom with a queen size bed after re-paneling to repair water damaged insulation and ceiling boards.? It was alot of work but huge improvements for very little pain to the bank account because we have done all the work ourselves.? There is so much to learn and so much to do that I have been spending more time on the net than in the RV!? We have taken one trip so far but have a 4 day trip planned for the 4th of July and are sure we will love our new "home away from home" as we travel our great state in search of fish tales and new friends.? I look forward to sharing the RV experience with the members of this forum!

Joni AKA Alaska Camper

Joni, welcome to our forum. Glad you stopped by and decided to say hi. Sounds like you've been really busy and put a lot of work into the RV to get it the way you want it. Any before/after photos you'd like to share with us?

Joni,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  My wife and I have been to Alaska twice both times in our motorhome (MH) and we love your state. We'll probably visit again.  Next time you're at the store get the paperback book, COLD COMPANY by Sue Henry.  This author lives near Wasilla and the book is a mystery novel about going up to the 48 and driving a MH back down to a cabin on Knik Road.  It's really a fun book with actual Alaskin locations discussed.

JerryF

Jerry,

I love Sue Henry's books because they are so realistic and depict so much of the legend and history of our area.  My favorite was Murder on the Iditarod Trail.  I will have to look for Cold Company - I haven't read that one yet.  I am always jealous of all you folks from the lower 48 who have probably seen more of my state than I have in the 6 years we have lived here.  We hope the RV will change that for us.  Thanks for the friendly welcome!  May all your roads be smooth and all your speed bumps be small.

Joni

Tom said:
Joni, welcome to our forum. Glad you stopped by and decided to say hi. Sounds like you've been really busy and put a lot of work into the RV to get it the way you want it. Any before/after photos you'd like to share with us?

Tom,

We have before pictures but have not taken our after pictures yet.  It is on our plans to do that soon.  WHen I have them up on my website I will share.  Thanks for the friendly welcome.

Joni

OK thanks Joni. Looking forward to seeing them.

Joni,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Glad you found us.  We have a couple in the Framily that use to live in Eagle River. Please join in any of the ongoing discussions, start new discussions, or ask any questions you have relating to the RVing lifestyle.

Welcome aboard, Alaska Campers!!!

We spent the summer of 2002 in your great state and loved it.  Some of the finest fishing anywhere too.  A return visit is on our "must go there" list.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom