Greetings from Cochise County, Arizona!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loose Nut

Former Aaaaarrrghmy vet here, USA INF, facing a possible relocation due to financial circumstances. Had a good gubmint job here, but lost it after I hollered at some inmate who kept repeatedly lighting his stanky ol' cigarettes near fuel. Asked the douche nicely a dozen times not to do this, but he kept doing it anyway, clearly just to rile me... so I unloaded on the POS and got fired for my trouble, despite the major OSHA violation. Which leads me to my current situation: hard to find work here, due to my age and other factors, so I'm considering flipping this home of mine and relocating to try my luck elsewhere.

Thing is, I'm not quite sure where the best location would be, so I'm also considering buying an RV and boondocking it for awhile. Just to clear my head, ya know? Hardest part of that whole deal would be rehoming my three cats, as it probably wouldn't be fair to drag them along... dangerous too, since I'd be boondocking in coyote country, with other predators lurking. Moi, I've spent my entire life in the field, and I'm perfectly comfortable living in the wilderness for weeks at a time. I spent a month-and-a-half camping in a forest of 300' tall Sitka Spruce trees, if that tells you anything...

Anyway, I reckon I'll be hanging out in the boondocking forum in the near future... there is a possibility that I may just chuck everything, buy a boat and sail for the South Seas, maybe Australia, and that's a very tempting scenario, with the way this country is headed. Straight down the toilet, no doubt... but I may just ride it out, and watch the whole sh!thouse go up in flames. Meh, at least I've lived a full life already, I just feel sorry for the youngsters out there who don't know what lies ahead. Right, moving forward... here's a link to a spam-free site where I have some photos posted, kind of like a summary of my outdoor life, 10-4?

Random outdoor adventure shots...

There are some cool boondocking shots in that thread, camping (or glamping) in a 10-ton road tractor, lol. I'm not one for crowded RV parks or developed campgrounds, I'd rather hang out in full-on wilderness areas with few others around. Definitely NOT scared of critters, since I have bear spray & firearms. Most of the time, I get along just fine with critters in the wilderness, and leave them to do their thing while I handle my own business. Anyway, y'all enjoy those truck camping shots, those were some good times back in the day... that first shot was taken on Memorial Day Weekend, 1999, so I'm dating myself here, lol.

Hey, that was such a cool adventure that I even wrote a story about it, here's another link to that blog. I'm sure glad I went trucking when I did, and saw the country before it started going downhill fast. That's something the fraudulent trash can never take away: the good memories. BTW, there are four sets of photos in that previous link, two sets of pics per page, you can just scroll past the intervening text to see the pics pronto. And here's the link to the story which is associated with one or two photos in that old thread... I climbed Guadalupe Peak during that whole adventure, highest peak in Texas at 8749' elevation, and one heck of a view from the summit.

Triple Treat

CHEERS!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom