Greetings from Maryland!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reelheavy

New to the forum and new to the world of RVs and motorhomes.

Looking to purchase an older RV for my new found hobby of drag racing. I have my car and trailer and now I need a power unit.

The wife and I were looking at pick up trucks and for the price of a new or used pick up truck I said we might as well purchase a RV. The wife laughed at me, but once we got on RV trader and started looking she said RV is the way we should go. On those hot summer days it would be nice to go relax in the RV while waiting to be called to the lanes, etc.

On a typical day I the local drag strips around me would be anywhere from 200-300 miles rounds trip if that. I’m looking for something to pull my 28’ enclosed trailer. Total weight of the trailer would be less than 10k lbs.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

From your phrasing I think the RV you are seeking would be a motorhome, rather than a trailer (trailers are RVs too). I presume you want the motorhome to pull the trailer. Most class C motorhomes are limited to a max tow of 5,000 lbs or less, and since you apparently need more than that you'll likely need to get into a class A, probably a diesel pusher (DP -- a rear engine diesel).

I'll mention an alternative, though: a friend of mine is into racing and has a rather long trailer that hauls his race car, workbench, tools etc. and the front portion of that trailer has living quarters, and a 1 ton pickup to tow it.

Welcome to the forum from WI. Larry pretty much summed things up above. Some smaller Class A are built on E450 chassis rather than true class A.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondie1956!
Back
Top Bottom