Greetings from northern lower Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmac

My name is Tom.

We, me and my better-half Gerry, have had a 31-ft Brave for about 10-years and are planning to upgrade to a pusher. We generally wander from the East coast to western Colorado - mostly aggravating relatives. We have spent up-to-10-weeks on the road at one time and are planning to spend more.

Hope to see you down the road.

Hi Tom from another Tom. Welcome to our forum.

Tom and Gerry,,, What nice names

Where in Northern Lower Michigan are you folks.. I'm in Detroit (of course). (At least most of the time (185 days per year minimum) the other less than 184 days I  am "Wherever I Park It" or as my lost name badge says "Anywhere USA"

I do spend some time each year near West Branch (Alas, that was the other end of this month)

Hi Tom and Gerry,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Where in Michigan are you located.  We spend a month in Traverse City each year visiting Sam's mother.  Thanks for joining us.

We live in Traverse City but in the interest of full disclosure have to tell you we are not native.

In this area, tourists are referred to as fudgies. How they got that moniker is another story but rest assured that it wasn't intended to be complimentary. Anyhoo, folks who have moved here permanently are called perma-fudge. That's us!

Tom

Fudgies eh.. Most likely due to the proximity of Mackanaw island, Tourists go there to buy fudge

Technically I'm not native to Michigan either, only lived here 52 of my 55 years

Back
Top Bottom