Greetings from Pennsylvania

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristen

Hi All,
I've already been to the Tech Talk boards for some help and thought I'd introduce myself here.
Me and hubby Paul bought our first trailer this winter, 2006 Gulfstream Ameri-lite and we're about to take it out for it's maiden trip Easter weekend with our two kids, ages 10 and 8. This seems like a  friendly bunch of people here. Glad to have found these boards!
Kristen

Kristen & Paul,

Welcome to the RV Forum and congratulations on your new Gulfstream.  We are glad you found us too.  This is a very friendly group and a great source of information.  Please join in on any of the ongoing discussions, ask questions, or start new discussions.l  Please let us know how your Easter maiden voyage goes.

Hi Kristen,

Welcome to the forum. You won't find a friendlier bunch of people anywhere! Where are you located in PA? We used to live in CT but have moved to FL. Still come back in the summers and stop in PA at forum friends going in both directions. Hope you have a great maiden voyage!!

Thanks for the welcome guys,
Jim, we are in Chester county. Our fist trip in our TT will be be pretty close to home, near Swatara State Park. That's about an hour and a half from us. The kids are excited about a fossil pit at the park- hoping for the next big paleontology find!
Kristen

Hi Kristen,

You're quite a bit further south than where we stop. We used to go past Chester on our way to Annapolis and Chesapeake, VA when our son was at the Naval Academy and then stationed in Norfolk. Don't miss that trip except for Rt. 13. That was always nice for us.

RVing is a great way to show the kids what is available in this great country. There is a dinosaur exhibit near where we used to live in CT. Took the kids there years ago and they made plaster casts of the footprints that were in the rocks.

Jim,
We aren't in Chester. That's quite a different place than Chester County. We are pretty close to Brandywine Battlefield Park, if you know where that is.
It would be great to see a board at RV Forum where people could share their tips for RVing with kids, places kids have enjoyed, etc.  Are there any like that?
Kristen

Kristen said:
It would be great to see a board at RV Forum where people could share their tips for RVing with kids, places kids have enjoyed, etc.

Kristen, we have a few such messages sprinkled around our various message boards. Try using the Search button above. If there was sufficient interest and regular posting of messages, I'd gladly open up an additional message board.

Hi Kisten. Welcome to the RVForum. We're in PA also. Right near the Delaware Water Gap.

A couple of places you might want to consider for a trip are the MD and VA state  parks on the eastern shore.  There's one called James Island in MD and then the Kitopoke Beach park, VA at the old ferry terminal, just before you get to the tunnel entrance.  Both are great places to take the kids and within a couple of hours of your location. We especially like James Island.

Chet18013

Kristen,

We used to have a boat on the Eastern Shore in Allen, MD. Assateague Island and Chincoteague Island are also unique. There are wild horses which you may see sometimes. They have a yearly roundup but I forgot which month. You could do a search on the Internet to see when it is held. The Eastern Shore has some very quaint villages and neat port areas. Deal Island is home of the Skipjack fleet, a group of sailing vessels used for fishing.

Back
Top Bottom