Greetings, I'm new to this Forum and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dodgeman

also new to Rv'ing. We used to camp with an older Dodge conversion van once in a while, but not for years. (hence the name)
We are now strongly considering purchasing a gasoline powered Class A and have been doing some research. This forem has been a great help. Thank you.
Question: When traveling down the highway with a class A in warm to hot weather, say 90+ degrees, can the interior be kept comfortable with just the engine driven AC or is it necessary to run the generator and the roof units?
Regards,
Dodgeman

It's quite common to run the generator and roof A/C if necessary to cool the RV while travelling.  The roof A/C will do a better job, generally, than the dash air as well.

Our normal mode of operation is to use the house a/c rather than the dashboard system. The house a/c cools better, cools the whole living area and is more efficient besides (use same or less fuel).

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Glad you found us.  Please join explorer the forum, join any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or as any RV questions you have.  Thanks for joining us.

We will sometimes start the Genset and run the roof Air.  Other times we just use the dash air.  When we had the gas powered Bounder we used the roof air most of the time and generally only used the dash air on occasion to exercise it.

Welcome to the forum Dodgeman. I'm new to RVing myself, as a matter of fact we are taking our coach out tomorrow for her maiden voyage. The question you asked is one that I have thought about but hadn't got around to asking. Now we both know the answer.? ;D

Back
Top Bottom