Greetings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigDad

BigDad here.  The wife and I are just years from the beautiful thoughts of retirement and we are planning ahead.  We are thinking that a huge fifth wheel and a Diesel Duallie are the way to go.  We only plan to transport 2-3 times a year and are just fine leaving the RV sit for six months at a time.  That's why dragging one behind will work for us.  We will be chasing the warmth and running from the cold.  We like the Newmar products.

We started thinking condo and then building a log home and realized that we don't want a home, tons of money or things, WE WANT TIME.  It looks like we will be bouncing from places like West Virginia and Florida for many years.

We look forward to communicating here as we research our retirement lifestyle.

If I were only going to move 2-3 times a year, I would pay a commercial hauler to move the trailer and get a smaller, more economical vehicle.  For the price of a sufficiently large truck, you can hire a lot of moves.

Welcome to the RV Forum.  I see Ned has given you some excellent suggestions.  I agree getting a huge tow vehicle to move the rig 2-3 times a year seems like an expensive way to go for the expected results.  Once again welcome aboard.

Ned  Ron, thanks for advice.  I thought about having it moved but was unaware of the details. 

Actually for the price of the truck I could buy a second trailer and just drive myself between the two provided I find a site that I would like to remain in

I will post more threads in the appropriate places on this forum. 

See you there. 

Quick update, the wife and I leased a spot in WV that we have enjoyed for the past year and we are just days away from signing a deal on a Breckenridge Park Model.  I thought that the annual lease for the spot at $1,400 plus electric was a good deal for what the resort offers.  We are there every weekend and look forward to one day retiring there and selling the farm.

No, we are not the travelers you guys are but we are very excited about life.       

Quick update, the wife and I leased a spot in WV that we have enjoyed for the past year and we are just days away from signing a deal on a Breckenridge Park Model.

With that kind of trailer, I would say a professional move is called for.  However, before you sign, you may want to check on the actual cost of such a move.  W VA to FL is fair piece.  I would hate to see you committed to the deal absent knowledge of the full cost of a move 2-3 times per year.

Thanks Carl but we have changed our plan a bit and don't plan on moving the Park Model once its set, with what we save from not buying a truck we can get another trailer and put it somewhere in the South when we decide on where. 

Back
Top Bottom