grey water question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckle823

I'm not sure if this is something new or not, but we were at a KOA campground a few weeks ago in Michigan and they had a grey water drain bucket at each campsite.  It's like 5 gallon plastic bucket buried flush with the ground. You run your grey water into continously. There was some sort of grey material in the bucket. What is this system called, and is this new technology? Thanks.

It's called a dry well and is seldom used because of the potential for ground water pollution.  Not new, been used for many years but the soil must be right for it to work.  It's commonly used for rain water from gutters, I've never seen it in a campground.

Ned said:
It's called a dry well and is seldom used because of the potential for ground water pollution.? Not new, been used for many years but the soil must be right for it to work.? It's commonly used for rain water from gutters, I've never seen it in a campground.

I have, in Oregon of all places, next to a screen.  The grey stuff is gravel.

Yep Jeff? ?I've seen them in both places? More so years ago but still a few around.? Occasionally they can emit a fairly rank odor when not functioning properly and even sometimes when they are.?

I've seen them in a number of places, mostly older parks, and intended to provide basic gray water dumping.  Older Forest Service campgrounds and state parks often had them for for dishwater.  The washing machine at our home base in Florida drains into a similar dry well, though the capacity is 30 gallons.  They don't allow new drain systems like that in my area, due to concerns about soap/detergent run-off into the lakes & streams, but existing ones are OK.

In another forum someone asked if anyone uses the spell checker.

I assume you did and it's responsible for the correctly spelled, but totally wrong, word

I think Carl spelled it right but his computer was probably on break or just not payinf attention.? ?Actually I blame any misques I have on the keyboard, cause I know I wouldn't make an error.? ?I got a bridge too, to sell  See I used Spell check and I spelled paying with an f and it went right on thru    That should prove it.

Back
Top Bottom