Grey water valve problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeandJane

I have a 2004 331c. Came home last night to find my gray water tank was empty it had been leaking all weekend evidently. Is that a reasonable DIY project to replace that valve? And, it has a long shaft from the valve to the handle which flexes quite a bit when I try to close it, is there a better way to do that?

It’s very easy to change out. Also while you’re at it, purchase a spin on valve and put it on the outlet end of your sewer pipe. This will serve as a backup valve in case your tank drain valve leaks by which it did happen to you. Your hose would attach to this valve.

John I don’t think he has a cable operated valve. He said the long shaft flexes
My 2007 331C does have the cable operated valve; replaced it about 6 years ago. The PO took his family to the beach a lot (CA) and there was some sand in the valve ...... for whatever reason, the new seals I installed didn't fix it. I had some misalignment on the new valve install; a short piece of 1-1/2 inch rubber hose with clamps (from HD) took care of that. The OEM cable on mine was kinked a bit just downstream of the handle and even with the new valve excessive force was req'd to operate the valve. I installed a new cable and left more slack for turns ......... fixed the "hard to pull/push" problem.

It is easy to separate the valve (in place) and install new seals (being very careful not to over-tighten the 4 bolts with the serrated nuts) and that works for most folks, I believe......just not for me. In addition to the videos above, viewing the "Valterra" vid below will absolutely be worth your time. Good luck on the fix.

Back
Top Bottom