Grills

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rubysamm

Grills
Who uses them and what kind?
I have a large patio Grill That has just Charred it last burger.  I'm looking at a Grill that can be used for both RV'ing and Patio at home.
Does anyone have any input on what they like to use, ie... charcoal or propane and what type of grill is preferred???
Lori

Attachments

• grill.jpg
    grill.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 21
We have a Weber Q .... great grill, small enough to fit in the RV, makes lovely grill marks on whatever you toss on it. Comes in several versions...we have the Baby which is smaller but doesn't have the flip out tables. I'm only partially prejudiced since hubby is the local Weber rep.

If we were to replace our current grill we use in the RV it would be a Coleman 20,000 BTU grill.  However, here at Sam's Camp we have a grill we got in Australia.  These grills are now available here at the Bar B Que Gallore stores.  IMHO there isn't a better grill available.

I use the Weber Baby Q,  Fits easy in the MH.  Still not sure it is the best out there, but it is not a disappointment either.

Ron,
What is the name of the grill you got in Australia??
I'd like to look it up.? The grill I posted a photo of is the "Sport Grill"
http://www.sportgrill.com/
I haven't bought one yet,? Just looks like it could do the job.? I like the idea of having the burners and or barbecue box? Anyone out there ever heard of or used this particular grill?

I love my Weber Q (not Baby Q). 

Don't know if it's gonna fit - it hasn't made trip yet - but I'm gonna take it - just have to see how much other stuff I have to offload.

Joel

I was having a problem with keeping the flame going on my portable grill so I tried the GrillGuard.  It is an aluminum shield that folds flat for the road but shields the grill from the wind when set up.  I really like it.  Works as advertised. 

"Your Grill Will Not Blow Out"
Grill cooks hotter, faster and better!
"Folds Flat For Easy Storage"
GrillGuard is made from "heavy duty" aluminum with full length hinges.
a "fire safety" must have !!
Got mine of the internet at www.grillguard.com

Got tired of gas, so we got a Meco 21" Walk-A-Bout charcoal grill. The legs fold up and under the grill, so it makes it easy to put in the basement (after it's cooled of course). Picked it up at Lowes for just under $50. Perfect for the 2 of us.

Larry

joelmyer said:
I love my Weber Q (not Baby Q).?

Don't know if it's gonna fit - it hasn't made trip yet - but I'm gonna take it - just have to see how much other stuff I have to offload.

Joel

Joel:"

If it doesn't fit I'll be glad to take it off your hands. ;D

Jeff Cousins said:
Joel:"

If it doesn't fit I'll be glad to take it off your hands. ;D

Like I said - it's gonna fit.  Only question is how much other stuff has to be offloaded!

Joel

Jeff  Sounds as if Joel says NO Deal  Some guys just don't co-operate

I have Coleman Road Trip.  My first one caught fire due to a faulty control.  Coleman sent me a whole new grille.  Its cooks fine, but I find its too heavy and awkward.  I expected a grille named "Road Trip" to be more portable.  It also takes up a lot of storage space. 

If I was going to do it over I'd get the "Q" grille that folds in half. 

RJake1 said:
I have Coleman Road Trip.  My first one caught fire due to a faulty control.  Coleman sent me a whole new grille.  Its cooks fine, but I find its too heavy and awkward.  I expected a grille named "Road Trip" to be more portable.  It also takes up a lot of storage space. 

If I was going to do it over I'd get the "Q" grille that folds in half. 

When I first saw the Road Trip a couple of yhears ago I couldn't wait to get one. Sue decieded to get one for Father's Day, brought it home and had our neighbor help lug it over to her garage to hide it until Father's day arrived. They then lugged it back to our home and waited for me to get home from work.

I saw the box, opened it and lifted the grill out and said: "This is too big and heavy to use in a motorhome."

Needless to say I WAS NOT in good graces that day and was told to take the %$@# thing back yourself! ;D ;D

Back
Top Bottom