Gulf Stream B Touring Cruiser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

Anyone have info on this RV ?  We are trying to stay away from the lower end units.
Our requirement for a queen fixed bed does seem to narrow the choices. Also want to stay under 30'.
Thanks for your comments !

Hi Smokeater1,

I have not heard many good things about Gulfstream. This is only one opinion and, hopefully, others will jump in.

Thanks for your input. I guess I'm trying to nail down the top several makers in terms of quality. Lazy Daze was my first choice, but they discontinued the 26' rear queen bed, now only in a 30'. Born Free we saw in Carson City, NV, seemed real nice but had the rear corner bed and no dinette. Seems compromise is the name of the game with RV's. Can not seem to find it all !
Someone posted Big Foot as high quality, anyone have an opinion or experience with that make ?

Thanks in advance, we are trying to make the right purchase the first time, and not be unhappy with our RV in a few months.

Like Jim I haven't heard many good things about Gulfstream and have friends that are about to go to court over their Gulfstream due to problems they can't or won't fix.  Just little things like front axle overloaded when coach is empty.

Good luck in your search.  I'm sure you will get more responses to your questions.

smokeater1 said:
Thanks for your input. I guess I'm trying to nail down the top several makers in terms of quality. Lazy Daze was my first choice, but they discontinued the 26' rear queen bed, now only in a 30'. Born Free we saw in Carson City, NV, seemed real nice but had the rear corner bed and no dinette. Seems compromise is the name of the game with RV's. Can not seem to find it all !
Someone posted Big Foot as high quality, anyone have an opinion or experience with that make ?

Thanks in advance, we are trying to make the right purchase the first time, and not be unhappy with our RV in a few months.

I've heard very good things about Lazy Daze. The Fitzgeralds on this forum had one and loved it. Born Free also has a good rep as far as I know but, you're right, a corner bed is a PITA. Don't know about Big Foot.

None of us have found "just the right plan" in any RV. Compromise is the name of the game.

I don't have anything bad to say about Gulfstream and have met several folks with the BT Cruiser who were pleased with their choice. However, I would suggest a small Class A rather than a Type C or a "B on steroids".  Fleetwood and others make Class A's in the 26-29 foot range and most will have the rear queen you want. Check out the Fleetwood Terra and Fiesta 26 foot models. Winnebago has a Sightseer in the size you are looking at as well. Prices will be pretty much the same as a B or C of the same size but you usually get more space and especially more "basement" storage.

You might also find a Safari Trek to be interesting. One Trek model has a queen bed that raises up out of the way during the day. It's not for everybody, but works great for some folks. There are also Treks with conventional fixed bedrooms.

RV Roamer said:
One Trek model has a queen bed that raises up out of the way during the day. It's not for everybody, but works great for some folks. There are also Treks with conventional fixed bedrooms.

And that means more living space in a given length RV, or a shorter RV for the same amount of living space. Neat idea although, as you say Gary, it's not for everyone. Wouldn't work for us because Chris likes to go to bed a lot earlier than I do. I'm a night owl and I'm up early in the morning. Chris OTOH won't get out of bed until I've brought her a cup of tea which would be tough to make with the bed in the way.

I suggest you check out Chinook.  They make a 27' rear queen unit.  Also their quality appears, from what I've bee able to find out, to be up there with the best. 27' is their largest unit as they seem to specialize in small Class C units.

We just bought a BT Cruiser 29 foot - it has a queen bed in the back with a slide - it also has two other slides in front - it is a great unit!

Yes, the Lazy Daze (Montclair CA) motorhomes are very nice.  We had both a 22-footer and a 30-footer and loved them both!  Well made by a family-owned company.  Sales are only factory-direct, so you won't find any at dealer network.  We would recommend them.  Their 30-footer has a bedroom with walk-around bed so it's easy to make up.  Also lots of storage for a class C.

At one point years ago we seriously considered a Safari Trek, but decided it wouldn't be good for a couple.  If you're single then it might be ideal.  We have different go-to-bed and get-up times like Tom and Chris and that bed coming down from the ceiling would make it very difficult.  I watch TV or read at night and that would annoy Jerry.  He gets up with the birds to see the morning news and work on the computer and that would annoy me, so I just don't see the Trek as being a reasonable choice for a couple.

ArdraF

I have a 2006 30ft BT cruiser w/ 3 slides and love it.  We bought it used and had for just this summer.  There were some minor quality problems on the fixtures - but easily repaired.  The queen bed is a slide out not fixed though.  If I were to do it over again after learning more about RVs, I would still buy the BT Cruiser.

Good luck in your search!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom