Handy Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

I sure do like the handy heater  handyheater.com  i actually got it for my mom last year but their den was too big for it to work effectively, but its perfect for an RV and works great in my bedroon of the 5th wheel. 

Here is a pic of it working, it actually stays in the outlet and does not fall out, well so far, but i would not drive down the road with it in the outlet.  I set it on 65 but have to turn it down a bit as it gets too hot to sleep.  Have not tried it below 30 degrees but im sure it would make some difference.

PS.. that wooden contraption on the wall next to it (right side) is my home made fan holder, i have one of those little mini fans with the fat clip on it and it clips to that wood and points at my bed.  I removed the fan because the heater is there, besides i need to clean the fan anyway. 

Attachments

• SANY0001 (Small).jpeg
    SANY0001 (Small).jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 73

Arch Hoagland

That looks pretty neat. Think I might get one for the bathroom. $19.99 for two of them.  Well $18.00 shipping....

Thanks for the heads up.

https://www.handyheater.com/

djw2112

Your welcome, i used a android decibel meeter app and it shows about 41 decibels high speed about 2 ft away. 

I actually think this would be a good candidate for a storage bay heater also.  Last summer i added an outlet to my main storage bay and was planning to use a dog house heater but this little heater would work as well.  Since the main storage bay has all of my water lines in it, it would work to keep them from freezing on those under 32 degree days.  Just be sure you dont have anything flamable stored in the bay.

John From Detroit

Those are very low power heaters and safe for use on RV wiring.

I use a collection of 1500 and one 750 watt heater the 750 is the only one I plug into "RV" type wiring, the others go into special heavy duty circuits I installed.. These can handle 12.5 amps all day and all night and not overheat.. The "uni-box" type RV outlets.. overheated on me.

Rene T

Site Team
I'm a little leery of buying something like these. There was a survey done years ago that had to do with how much money would you spend on a item and not send it back if it fails. The survey said $19.99. In other words, most people would not send a item back if it cost less than that amount. So much of the stuff you see on TV and they're selling it for this amount is probably junk because it won't get returned.
I'm not saying this is junk but you can buy one now for $19.99 and get one free. That's $10.00 a piece. Personnaly, I would take the chance but that's me.

Great Horned Owl

Rene T said:
I'm a little leery of buying something like these. There was a survey done years ago that had to do with how much money would you spend on a item and not send it back if it fails. The survey said $19.99. In other words, most people would not send a item back if it cost less than that amount. So much of the stuff you see on TV and they're selling it for this amount is probably junk because it won't get returned.
I'm not saying this is junk but you can buy one now for $19.99 and get one free. That's $10.00 a piece. Personnaly, I would take the chance but that's me.

For the 120 VAC circuits, the wiring in your RV should be the same as that in youe house. If your outlet overheated, it was because of a loose connection, not because it was in a different type of box. If the circuit is protected by a 15 amp breaker, then it should be able to handle 15 amps safely.

Joel

kdbgoat

Great Horned Owl said:
For the 120 VAC circuits, the wiring in your RV should be the same as that in youe house. If your outlet overheated, it was because of a loose connection, not because it was in a different type of box. If the circuit is protected by a 15 amp breaker, then it should be able to handle 15 amps safely.

Joel

Key word- should.

Rene T

Site Team
Great Horned Owl said:

Joel

Joel, I'm not worried about the circuit handling it, my opinion was that something manufactured at that low of cost would IMHO be not too good of a investment. That's what the survey was about. Now that heater may last for years or it may last one day. It's a crap shoot.

The add said:  This offer is covered by our 60-Day Money Back Guarantee less P&H.

P&H would be more than what one of them is selling for soooooooooooooooooooo.  :eek: ??? ::) :-[ :-\ :'(

Top Bottom