hang day/night shades upside down?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigtexan99

Would it be possible to mount the day / night shades upside down on the window?  This way, I would be able to pull the shades up, instead of down.

That way I can block the bottom foot or so, so that people outside cannot see in from the ground, but I could still have a view of the sky out the top of the window.

Anyone done this before?

Bob Buchanan

bigtexan99 said:
Would it be possible to mount the day / night shades upside down on the window?  This way, I would be able to pull the shades up, instead of down.

That way I can block the bottom foot or so, so that people outside cannot see in from the ground, but I could still have a view of the sky out the top of the window.

Anyone done this before?

Probably could do that. Your biggest problem would be how to connect them. The top connectors are screwed into the overhead above the shade. To create those to the bottom, you would need to place something like a 2x2'' the length of the window. The elastic cords would then have to be connected up top. If you have cornices, it would be tough to get a screw driver in there w/o some dismantling.

You would also have to deal with gravity. This could be done by tightening the elastic lines a bit. However, the tighter they are, the more prone to ripping the grommets out of the shade. It might be easier to just have non see though covers made for the windows in question that could be velcroed and cover the lower half of a window. Then pull the shades all the way up each night over the covered bottom half.

Top Bottom