Hanging pictures etc on walls of TT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carin

Okay I give up.  What do you use to hang pictures on the walls of a travel trailer??
I've tried command strips, industrial strength Velcro, and museum putty.
I have visions of a nail gun in my future......

Heavy pictures in a frame will be a problem. We used prints made on canvas or acrylic frames. Those stayed up with the heavy duty command adhesive Velcro-like strips. It will also only work if the fabric covering your walls is bonded on. Otherwise the fabric can come loose.

We used the heavy duty command strips.  They are good for around 16 lbs., and we used two on each picture.  However, we put up mostly 5x7 pictures in "frameless" frames (really light).  We hung one 8x10 litho that was matted and framed in a light wood frame.  Everything has been hanging for around 6 months of us driving around the country without a mishap.

Nail guns and duct tape maybe some epoxy!!!

Nah, The heavy duty command strips work well as does the Heavy duty velcro. But good luck peeling it apart. lol

One other option is to remove the "stuff" from the wall while traveling.  Just lay it on the bed.  Command hooks should work fine holding still ;D

I have a temp / barometer / humidity gauge set hanging on a cabinet with Command Strips.  No issues.

Hadn't thought of duct tape.....
Command strips didn't work - freeways and back roads are too bumpy.

Nail gun it is. Lol

Carin said:
Hadn't thought of duct tape.....
Command strips didn't work - freeways and back roads are too bumpy.

Nail gun it is. Lol

And use the longest nail you can find. 6" nail would be great.  ;D  You could then hang something on the outside at the same time.

Rene T said:
And use the longest nail you can find. 6" nail would be great.  ;D  You could then hang something on the outside at the same time.

BAHAHAHAHA! Best one I've heard all day!!!!!

Please - NO NAIL GUN.  You never know what is in those thin walls and you could cause real problems.  Quadruple or more with the velcro if necessary but no nail gun.
Bill

Command strips work great IF you clean the wall properly , prep the wall using rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab then use the 3m command strip but also make sure you have the right size, i have a clock and a picture hanging on them for the last 5 years no issues

My rig is older so I'm not real worried about it but I use a small screw and Velcro at the bottom edge to keep it from swinging.

I also used a little Goop on a couple of the screws. Goop is an RVers friend

I usually remove my wall hanging during travel that I use a command hook for and lay it on one of the beds. When installing command hooks, it usually says to wait an hour before using the hook. If you didn?t wait, maybe the installation did not work properly. Also, after initial sticking of the hook, there is a 30 second press and hold of the sticky strip before reinstalling the hook.

Hope you find a solution! I would just remove the wall hanging(s) while in transit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom