Happy July 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Here's wishing y'all a happy 4th.

This might sound more like a Thanksgiving tale, but this July 4th is a special event for Chris and I. 25 years ago almost to the day, we arrived in the U.S. to begin our new life. We came with only a few suitcases, plenty of enthusiasm and a lot of hope. Fortunately, since we'd worked for a CA company for 10 years prior to our arrival, we also had jobs to come to. The last 25 years have been good to us, we've made a lot of friends and a few special ones. So we celebrate this time with our fellow citizens but with an added special meaning.

Enjoy the holiday and be safe.

Happy 4th to all our friends in the U.S. and thanks for letting us share your Country for half the year!

Thanks Robert. It's been a fun ride, although not without a few bumps in the road. Having some good friends has made it all the more enjoyable.

BTW you missed the best Hilton fireworks display to date. Not as many boats as usual, but still a crowded anchorage. Also plenty of after-show entertainment with the exodus of folks who think they can drive their boat and navigate in the dark ater partying all day. Sheriffs and USCG were busy, as were Vessel Assist.

Here's a panorama I made of the raft-up by stitching together 4 photos I took yesterday morning.

Attachments

• Mandeville_pano.jpg
    Mandeville_pano.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 17
Glad to hear you all had a great 4th.  Ned and I were in Muskegon MI for part of the weekend working race committee for the Queen's Cup Sail Race from Milwaukee to Muskegan returning on Sunday.  Ned stayed home for the fireworks that night but I went out with friends on their boat and were on the front line for the fireworks.  We have seen some really great fireworks but this was the best.  The Bartollata? Family always put on a great display partly because they do all the fireworks for Summerfest, 3rd of July and most of the festivals during the summer and there are about a dozen of those.  This year we waited until all the boats left the harbor and then went back to the slip, much less stressful.

Lorna said:
race committee for the Queen's Cup

Hi Lorna,

You went to England for the weekend? How was the Queen?

This year we waited until all the boats left the harbor and then went back to the slip

Smart move.

Tom
The Queen's Cup is the oldest sail racing trophy in the world still in use, it is three yrs older than the America's Cup.  Sometime when we are together we can show you the history of the Cup.  The Queen is just fine!!!!

Back
Top Bottom