Happy New Year from the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian H

Hi All
wishing you all a happy new year from the sunny UK ,only joking about the sunny bit in the last month we have had 4 inches of snow in Cornwall (yeah i know its not much) but it brought chaos for us .We have just had three days of -5 degrees Celsius and now its heavy rain,boy am i glad i bought a good coach.The only thing that gets to me is the condensation on the front window every morning.
anyway all the best from me and Doreen

Happy new year to you too Ian and Doreen from soggy California.

Hi Ian,

Welcome to the RVForum and a Happy New Year to you.

Please forgive old Tom our resident Taff.  He sits in the San Francisco Bay Area of California currently in the middle of a 10 inch downpour whistful for the dear old days in the desert-like climate of Wales.

In fact, the Nothern Californians have gotten so much rain in this pass that they have shipped a batch of it down here to formerly sunny Southern Californians.    We think this is a particularly dirty trick since they stand to rain on our Rose Parade for the first time in 50 years.  :mad:

Carl Lundquist said:
We think this is a particularly dirty trick since they stand to rain on our Rose Parade for the first time in 50 years. :mad:

Nah, we'll hold it back for the parade.

BTW Ian has been around for some time (on and off). He and his wife even attended one of Gary's southeast rallies. But he's gone somewhat quiet since he returned to the UK.

Tom the reason i have been quiet is the campground i am at has no facilities for internet  (they have a lot to learn over here) and i only go online when i visit my sister (something to do with free beer tonight) oh! and i had to bring the turkey frier along to feed the party
cheers  hic!

Understood Ian. Just giving you a reminder that your ongoing presence here is appreciated. We don't hear from too many folks who have gone back to the UK with their RV; A touch of "out of sight, out of mind". They have a lot of knowledge/experience they could share with others who follow in their footsteps.

Glad to hear you're putting the turkey fryer to good use.

Hi Ian & Doreen,

Happy New Year to you from sunny Florida!! No, I'm not kidding about the sun. :) :)

For condensation just open a window or vent slightly which will help evacuate the moist air. I think a vent is better as heat rises and will tend to move more air. We have the same problem in our motor home and the vent helps a lot.

Yeah the problem here in the uk is if you open a window this time of the year you freeze to death.  Im running a dehumidifier for a few hours a day here in dorset which helps keep the problem at bay.    I used to own  timeshare in Florida at this time of the year and know how you guys are spoilt weatherwise.

Hi Tony,

Yes, it can get cold inside if you open too much. :) What we do, even when we had to be further north, is open the vent slightly. That seemed to be enough to remove much of the moisture.

Yes, we are spoiled but I waited a long time for it to come so I'm going to enjoy every minute. ;D ;D

Tom said:
Happy new year to you too Ian and Doreen from soggy California.

:eek: Seems like I made the correct decision to get on the road again straight after Christmas in Newport Coast. Happy New Year everyone. We are now just 12 miles from Quartzsite. Hoping to get fixed up with some Solar Power before we finish up back in Florida. We have had some great times and vists so far.  :)

Hi John
dont worry the UK weather will be here to greet you on your return,one thing for sure i will not be wintering in the UK next year (fingers crossed)
enjoy the rest of your trip IAN

Ian H said:
Hi John
dont worry the UK weather will be here to greet you on your return,one thing for sure i will not be wintering in the UK next year (fingers crossed)
enjoy the rest of your trip IAN

Many thanks Ian. I hope your wish for the next Winter comes to fruition.? ;)

I might not even leave. I might just tear up my 90 day Visa (Only Joking - Honest)  :D

Back
Top Bottom