Happy St. David's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
This day, known in Welsh as 'Dydd Dewi Sant' and 'Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant', is celebrated by welsh folks, either in their home country or wherever they are in the world.

Thanks folks or, as they say in Welsh, diolch yn fawr.

In past years I've posted some Welsh trivia, including the history of St. David. One of these days I'll put something in the library so I can just link to it.

Did you see the Google doodle for the day in the UK?

No I didn't think of looking for it, and it doesn't appear to be up right now, probably because it's already March 2nd there  :(

In past years I've posted some Welsh trivia, including the history of St. David. One of these days I'll put something in the library so I can just link to it.

I made a start here. It needs a lot of fleshing out, but I have a year to get it done  ;D

Tom said:
This day, known in Welsh as 'Dydd Dewi Sant' and 'Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant', is celebrated by welsh folks, either in their home country or wherever they are in the world.

Hapus Dydd Gŵyl Dewi.  ;D

Thanks Carl. Correct grammar would be Dydd Gwyl Dewi (Sant) hapus, and the 'w' doesn't have a caret over it, unless I missed class that day.

Just to show that 'y ddraid goch' (the red dragon on the Welsh flag) was flying proudly above our house on March 1st.

Attachments

• Y_ddraid_goch.jpg
    Y_ddraid_goch.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natalihu
Back
Top Bottom