Happy Thankgiving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Chris and I have much to be thankful for again this Thanksgiving.

We landed at SFO 41 years ago with just the clothes on our backs, worked our butts off to make a new life, and continually enhanced our education and skills.
We've gained some wonderful long-time friends over the years, including forum members, many of whom are still close, even if living afar.

We enjoy good health, thanks to good medical professionals and medical facilities in the greater Bay area, and at our Wyoming summer retreat. This has allowed us to do many things we didn't dream we'd be doing at this time. We're also able to travel and see family and friends in distant places, although not as far or as frequently as we'd like.

Happy Thanksgiving to our extended family, framily and friends, both near and afar.

Chris and I have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. We landed at SFO 41 years ago with just the clothes on our backs, worked our butts off to make a new life, and continually enhanced our education and skills.

We've gained a number of great long-time friends over the years, including forum members, many of whom are still close, even if living afar.

We enjoy reasonably good health, thanks to good medical professionals and facilities in the greater Bay area. This has allowed us to do many things we didn't dream we'd be doing at this time. We're also able to travel and see family and friends in distant places, although not as far or as frequently as we'd like.

Happy Thanksgiving to our extended family and friends, both near and far.

Happy Thanksgiving
Oh, is tomorrow turkey day? The thought never even crossed my mind.

But I kinda like it that way. I don't like all the hassles people create for themselves!

But have a happy turkey day anyway!

-Don- (just SE of Henrietta, TX)

Oh, is tomorrow turkey day? The thought never even crossed my mind.

But I kinda like it that way. I don't like all the hassles people create for themselves!

But have a happy turkey day anyway!

-Don- (just SE of Henrietta, TX)
Thanks Tom. No hassles here.

Thanks Tom.
This is a special Thanksgiving for us and our family. We celebrated our 50th just a few days ago and are blessed with having our children and grandchildren, all, with us, as we travel.
Like you, we managed to have and continue to have a happy, healthy life;doing things we never even dreamed of 50 years ago.

Have a great day and hope for many more to come for everyone.

Reactions: Tom
Another Happy Thanksgiving to all! This is a busy one for us. We have just decided to hang up the keys, bought a new (to us) park model and are in the process of preparing to move about 100 feet North, sell the mh, and enjoy the shorter walk to the pool.

We are thankful for the ability to handle the cost, totter to the new place, and look back on all the experiences we never imagined we'd be able to have. It's been a long climb for each of us, but we've made it in reasonable health and have found a wonderful community where we share our good fortune.

Hoping each of you is as blessed as we are,

Tara and Ernie

Last edited:

We landed at SFO 41 years ago with just the clothes on our backs, worked our butts off to make a new life, and continually enhanced our education and skills.
We've gained some wonderful long-time friends over the years, including forum members, many of whom are still close, even if living afar.

We enjoy good health, thanks to good medical professionals and medical facilities in the greater Bay area, and at our Wyoming summer retreat. This has allowed us to do many things we didn't dream we'd be doing at this time. We're also able to travel and see family and friends in distant places, although not as far or as frequently as we'd like.

Happy Thanksgiving to our extended family, framily and friends, both near and afar.

Thanks, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you also!

Thanks Tom. No hassles here.
I actually enjoy the “hassles” of Thanksgiving. Friends and family over, cooking for a group of people I love and value, and it gives me the opportunity to cook things I only cook for crowds. A lot of our goodies were made yesterday, and a beloved DIL is making some today. I have sauces, finishing a sirloin roast, and a fresh veggie today, plus cooking the dressing (dressing is far too important to our thanksgiving to have just the amount inside a bird)!

Happy Thanksgiving. All I have to be thankful for is that I am still alive 23 years after my predicted downfall. I am spending the morning watching four hours of commercials strung together to pretend like there was a parade going on. I'll be right back...

Another Happy Thanksgiving to all! This is a busy one for us. We have just decided to hang up the keys, bought a new (to us) park model and are in the process of preparing to move about 100 feet North, sell the mh, and enjoy the shorter walk to the pool.

We are thankful for the ability to handle the cost, totter to the new place, and look back on all the experiences we never imagined we'd be able to have. It's been a long climb for each of us, but we've made it in reasonable health and have found a wonderful community where we share our good fortune.

Hoping each of you is as blessed as we are,

Tara and Ernie
Congratulations on the transition. We mentally went around the same decision loop for 3 years.

I managed to post the same message twice, resulting in 2 parallel threads :oops:. I've merged them into a single thread, and hope I haven't screwed up the replies too badly.

I actually enjoy the “hassles” of Thanksgiving. Friends and family over, cooking for a group of people I love and value, and it gives me the opportunity to cook things I only cook for crowds. A lot of our goodies were made yesterday, and a beloved DIL is making some today. I have sauces, finishing a sirloin roast, and a fresh veggie today, plus cooking the dressing (dressing is far too important to our thanksgiving to have just the amount inside a bird)!
Are you talking about stuffing and not dressing? 🎅🏻🧑‍🎄🤶
No matter what it is, I’m sure it will be good. Happy Thanksgiving to you, your entire family ang to all of our forum members and guests.

Happy Thanksgiving to all..
Between Covid and my Wife's health issues it's been an interesting year. But things are improving on both fronts. So I've got a lot to be thankful for in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm grateful for every day of good health.

Enjoy your lovely dinners.

We're off to the local pub quiz at the golf club, but having dinner there first. Mac n cheese for me I think. 😁

Bittersweet day here. My son and his boys are here from WI so we are really enjoying the time together. On the other hand my MIL passed yesterday evening. She was diagnosed with a rare cancer in late August and has been bedridden most of the time since. She is better off now. Tell your loved ones how much you love them today. Tomorrow might be too late.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm grateful for every day of good health.

Enjoy your lovely dinners.

We're off to the local pub quiz at the golf club, but having dinner there first. Mac n cheese for me I think. 😁
Mac n Cheese ain’t dinner. It’s a side dish. You need a slab of ham. Maybe a couple of pork chops or some ribs and a bowl of turnip, mustard or collard greens. Don’t forget the cornbread and Arnold Palmer tea. 🐖

Back
Top Bottom