Happy Thanksgiving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ArdraF

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

I'm thankful to have such a great group of people as the RV Forum framily.  We've had many wonderful times together in person and, even though some of us have never met, it's fun to have so many internet friends.  Travel safe and have a great day!

ArdraF

Thank you Ardra, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and Jerry.

I am so grateful that my wheel estate has housed me 24/7 for nearly 8 years and is only 24 years old.

I still use the original builtin coffee maker!

We're joining in the potluck here at the RV park.

Chris and I are especially grateful for our life here in the U.S. We and our daughter arrived over 37 years ago with just the clothes on our backs. We appreciated the opportunity to work our butts off and enjoy everything that life here affords. We were fortunate to retire 15+ years ago, and have enjoyed retirement. Over the years we've sponsored a couple of family members who have also made good lives for themselves.

This year, we're unable to travel to the MidWest to be with kids and grandkids, because Chris had knee replacement surgery a week ago. Chris, being the planner that she is, bought all our Thanksgiving dinner pre-cooked so that we/I can easily make Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings at home.

Too bad it will just be the two of us, but this won't be a first. Over the years we've celebrated Thanksgiving in different parts of the world, one of the most memorable being a 6-course Thanksgiving dinner at the first class restaurant in the Harbor Hotel in Hong Kong. Another year we celebrated in Maui, and another in the UK (they don't celebrate Thanksgiving there). We've also celebrated Thanksgiving on our boat, both alone and in the company of various boating friends; Chris roasted the turkey(s) on a rotisserie at the stern a couple of years.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Tom....hoping that you two have a good day with just the two of you, and all the best to Chris on her knee surgery recovery!

Happy Thanksgiving to all !! Tom I can appreciate not in UK. Lol. My wife is a transplant from UK and explaining that to my mother was funny. 

[quote author=jhskick]My wife is a transplant from UK and explaining that to my mother was funny.[/quote]

The guy who replaced me when I left the UK came from Motorola in Scotland. He told me the story of his Pheonix-based counterpart asking if they celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK. Since he hadn't heard of Thanksgiving, he was given the story. Then, in his dry humor, he replied "we celebrate the day they left Plymouth".

"we celebrate the day they left Plymouth"

That's funny!  In 2002 we had some RV Forumites at our home for Thanksgiving.  The group included the Nathans, originally from England and Switzerland.  We colonists had great fun that day celebrating with those from across the pond.

ArdraF

LOL Ardra. The Nathans are a fun couple to be around. They spent a weekend aboard our boat. En route from QZ to our home, they bought two motorhomes, the last being a Marathon Prevost.

Attachments

• Terry_fishing.jpg
    Terry_fishing.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Antioch_bridge.jpg
    Antioch_bridge.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 16
  • cooking_breakfast-2.jpg
    cooking_breakfast-2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 17
Happy Thanksgiving to all from us! I pray everyone has a great day, but takes a bit of time to really reflect on what we are thankful for.

I am forever thankful for my faith, family, friends, health and my new family on the RVForum, especially all of you that helped us make our dream come true.
Go Lions!

We are having a family and extended family get together.  We are responsible for the cups, dishes, flatware and such this year.  Just encase there is not enough food and beverages we are taking extra.  A cherry pie made with Michigan tart cherries, a rhubarb custard pie made w Victoria rhubarb (original roots taken from my great great grandfathers garden, mini cornbread muffins,  a few bottles of bubbly to make sure we don't run out.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

Attachments

• 23755400_10154917830897461_2440573477053713102_n.jpg
    23755400_10154917830897461_2440573477053713102_n.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 23795214_10154917831082461_7906971920903968000_n.jpg
    23795214_10154917831082461_7906971920903968000_n.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 23795932_10154917790412461_591908262423440467_n.jpg
    23795932_10154917790412461_591908262423440467_n.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 8
DW and I are sitting in a hotel. We just left Golden Corral. We traveled here to visit our middle son that's 36 years old and has had problems with drugs and alcohol since he was 14. He's 4 months into a year long program at Teen Challenge. 4 months today to be exact. This is the first time he has been allowed to leave the "confines" of the group and be with family. He gets 8 hours, then has to be back. Our youngest son drove down from WV with his wife and kids to join us in the celebration. I feel like the most thankful person in the world right now.

kdbgoat said:
DW and I are sitting in a hotel. We just left Golden Corral. We traveled here to visit our middle son that's 36 years old and has had problems with drugs and alcohol since he was 14. He's 4 months into a year long program at Teen Challenge. 4 months today to be exact. This is the first time he has been allowed to leave the "confines" of the group and be with family. He gets 8 hours, then has to be back. Our youngest son drove down from WV with his wife and kids to join us in the celebration. I feel like the most thankful person in the world right now.
As you should! Thoughts and prayers.
Jeff

In our native (Welsh) language: Dydd Diolchgarwch Hapus (Happy Thanksgiving Day).

Welsh grammar is similar to French ... noun first, adjectives follow.

Dydd = day
Diolchgarwch = Thanksgiving
Hapus = Happy

Back
Top Bottom