Hard top vs. Soft top

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My big concern with using a soft top for a toad was security for things left/stored inside, as well as the vehicle itself… That was my primary reason for buying a hardtop…
Butch

My big concern with using a soft top for a toad was security for things left/stored inside, as well as the vehicle itself… That was my primary reason for buying a hardtop…
Butch
That is a concern, we try not to keep anything worth taking in it. Leaving my doors in camp is also a risk, knock on wood 25 years of taking the doors off they have never been stolen.

Butch
Didn't make any difference in my case. They stole the Jeep, top and all. I did get it back and it was insured, so it turned out okay.

Didn't make any difference in my case. They stole the Jeep, top and all. I did get it back and it was insured, so it turned out okay.

That's still a big worry with me and my '86 Suzuki Samurai... Those old, simple vehicles are pretty easy to steal, and they are cut up and used for off-road buggies, so no one is too concerned about registration ... I do have an after-market alarm on mine though...
Butch

Back
Top Bottom