Harley Weigh question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jscottt

What is the average weight of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle? How does the weight vary between different Harley models? Does the weight include the rider and passenger, or is it just the weight of the bike? What factors affect the weight of a Harley, such as the engine size, frame material, and accessories? How much does a typical Harley-Davidson cruiser weigh compared to a sportbike? How does the weight of a Harley affect its handling and performance? Are there any strategies for reducing the weight of a Harley, such as removing accessories or choosing lighter parts? Does the weight of a Harley impact fuel efficiency and range? How do other brands of motorcycles compare in weight to Harley-Davidson models? What are some common misconceptions about the weight of Harley-Davidson motorcycles?

Why don't you visit your local dealer and get an answer to all your questions.??. Isn't it obvious that a larger size of anything will weight more?? The first Harley Davidson built was in 1903,, since then a few more have been built..>>>Dan ( Old school Harley owner for many years.)

Last edited:
more stuff = more weight

My '83 FXSB Lowrider curb weight is 637.1 lb with fluids. Google is your friend.
My '82 FLTC was around 770lbs and I suspect the '87 FLTC was close to the same, my wife's '85 FXEF around 650. My current Honda 750 weighs in at 521.

My FXR is 600 and change, plus or minus if I put the bags on it. Gotta wonder where this is all going, I've never heard anyone doing a deep dive on weight of a harley (other than maybe the ol' lady on the back...). I've always found it interesting Evel Knievel used sportys for his jumps, though I think they were XR's. Still, a heavy bike for something that's expected to fly. Then there's the boss hoss bikes, put an iron block in one of those and I have to wonder how you get them to lean at speed. Probably a bit of anticipation to countersteer. I've always appreciated the tradition of harley's, not about raw performance but enjoying the journey. Though anymore I wonder who under age 50 would understand much less care about that.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

A couple years ago I stayed at a park near a guy with one of those hydro lifts on a diesel pusher. Had a dyna glide on it. He commented the issue isn't so much about what the lift can handle, it's the motorhome. There's only so many that can handle that much weight that far back (bike plus lift). I'm not sure a hundred pounds plus or minus matters much, you can't put the lift on most RV's. His setup was nice, the bike plus a toad but I wonder if you wouldn't be better off with maybe something like what Old_Crow runs, a car trailer that has room for a small toad and a bike.

Then there's these things, but I've never seen one used in real life.

images

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

As reported by the manufacturer, the average curb weight of Harley-Davidson motorcycles by category is as follows:

• Sport: 480-500 pounds
  • Adventure: 540-570 pounds
  • Cruiser: 550-730 pounds
  • Touring: 800-960 pounds
  • Trike: 1,100-1270 pounds

Sold my Ultra because it was getting too heavy for me if I got it in an unusual attitude. The Sporty I replaced it with is a little less than 2/3 of the weight.

It's always been known that what is required for an excellent ride,,whether bikes or cars,, is wheelbase and weight,, Harley has both.>>>Dan

My FXR is 600 and change, plus or minus if I put the bags on it. Gotta wonder where this is all going, I've never heard anyone doing a deep dive on weight of a harley (other than maybe the ol' lady on the back...). I've always found it interesting Evel Knievel used sportys for his jumps, though I think they were XR's. Still, a heavy bike for something that's expected to fly. Then there's the boss hoss bikes, put an iron block in one of those and I have to wonder how you get them to lean at speed. Probably a bit of anticipation to countersteer. I've always appreciated the tradition of harley's, not about raw performance but enjoying the journey. Though anymore I wonder who under age 50 would understand much less care about that.
also i found this result in google search bikerwhizz. check it out
Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
thank you so much for your suggestion

Back
Top Bottom