Has anyone had to replace the 6 pole square adaptor on the trailer side.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forrest77

I had a pin break off on my 6 pole square adaptor on the trailer side on my Viking Legend 2470st. I think I will go ahead and replace the 6 pole square on the trailer side and the 6 pole square to 7 blade the plugs into the truck at the same time.

Does anyone have a tow wire diagram of the trailer? Pretty sure the wire colors are not going to match up on the trailer side. I have search the webs and haven't found one yet so figured I would ask here.

I believe this adaptor is the same on the coachman and viking pop ups. I have reached out to coachman but I haven't heard back yet.

Thanks,
Forrest

Since there are no real  standards, even for the 7-pin (there are at least 3 of those), I don't think we can help much with your 6-pin rectangular. Maybe someone else who owns one like it has already figured it out.

The basics will be left & right stop/turn, tail lights, ground, and brakes, for a total of 5 pins. A 6 or 7 pin usually also includes constant 12v charging line that helps maintain the trailer battery. The trick is to use a VOM to figure out which pin is which.  Wire color on the trailer side may help: ground is usually white, brown is tail & marker lights, green is right turn/brake and yellow is left turn/brake.  However, if the trailer or car is wired for separate brake and turn lights, the wiring will be different. And sometimes the trailer builder just used whatever color wire he had available.

This general diagram may help as well: https://www.etrailer.com/faq-wiring.aspx

And this 6-pin adapter uses standard wire colors that maybe corresponds to our actual trailer wiring.
https://www.hannarv.com/P/14645/CamcoWaySquareTrailerConnector

I have checked the wiring on the trailer side and I can clearly see the brakes, battery pos and ground wires so hopefully the other 3 are color correct, if not a little trial and error will be in play.

Thanks for the response.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom