Have a good project for 3D Printing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spring Creek

Hello!

I have a 3D printer and am offering to print something RV related for 1 or 2 folks for free. This could be something to replace a broken plastic part you cannot get a replacement for, or something you've been wanting to build but it's not a good candidate for wood and too expensive if made out of metal.

See below for some limitations:

1. No food contact
2. Best if it is indoors
3. Shall not lift/support/hold anything that would cause bodily harm to humans/pets if it failed
4. Best if it does not come in contact with liquids
5. Maximum size: 10" x 10" x 7.5" tall
6. Max temp: under 150F
7. Cannot be anything agriculture or lawn/garden related
8. I will even pay shipping if the cost is not outrageous
9. This comes with no warranties of any kind

How to get me the data?

1. A dimensioned sketch
2. A dimensioned picture
3. A cad file (I can take about any format)

Send me a personal message with your details and I'll review.  I will post again when I have the projects I've accepted.

FYI...just to be up front...this is a hobby for me so while I may estimate how long it will take to get the project done, I will not be able to commit to any hard timelines as I'm not retired  :'( .

Recent project: 3D printed holder for razors, conditioner, shampoo, and shaving cream.  Soap dish printing now (shown in the model snapshot).

Will be trying out in a few weeks so we'll see if any rough roads are able to bounce them out  8)

Material cost: about $8.00 (Pro PLA)
Designed in SolidWorks
Print time: 12 hours

Attachments

• Shower Caddy w Soap Holder.jpg
    Shower Caddy w Soap Holder.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1370.JPG
    IMG_1370.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 34
We took the grandkids to Philadelphia last weekend and visited the Franklin Institute. They had a whole room setup to demonstrate 3D printing. There was a guy printing something and I asked him much the printer cost and he said it was about $1500. I thought they would be much more than that. I wish I could think of something I needed for the TT you could make.

Corky, 20% with a 1mm shell.  Unless I want something really durable, I usually just leave it at this setting.  Pics attached showing Cura settings.  the printer is TAZ 6.

Oldgator73, mine cost $2500.  You can buy them for 50-70% less for the same size with "some assembly required".  While I can do the assembly with no issues, I work 10-12 hours per day and don't feel like doing that when I get home from work....I just want to print.

Attachments

• Soap Dish.jpg
    Soap Dish.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 23
Kurt that's a nice printer, and I see you're using the large diameter filament too, probably why the print only took 12hrs.

I have 2 CR-10's that run 1.75 material, your print would have taken around 18hrs.

Nice job!

Corky

Yes, that is the size. I have installed both with auto bed leveling and converted them for dual Z axis lead screws. One has dual Z motors, and the other has a single Z motor. One unit is enclosed for printing ABS, the newer unit still needs to be enclosed.

Corky

Hey there, I was wondering if your offer is still available? I'm trying to print a 3D picture. It's nothing complicated. It's a poem for my blind friend, so she could read it by herself. Do you think you could help me with that? I've contacted several printing agencies ( this one, for example, Acrylic Glass Prints | Acrylic Photo Mounts | Frameshop.com.au ), but I haven't received an answer yet, and her birthday is in 2 days. So if there is anyone who could help me with this, I will be forever grateful! Many thanks!

Now his is a creative approach to spam! Asking someone to do something for free that is complex and linking to a commercial site in Australia as their very first post. Much more creative than the normal style we get here LOL!

Back
Top Bottom