Have Been Afraid Of This For Years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oldgator73

Apparently, investigation not yet completed, while on a trial run Santa?s wind machine warning system malfunctioned. Just lucky the machine was stopped. Santa and the reindeer are bruised and shaken and should be able to deliver by Christmas.

Attachments

• B06BD80A-9A47-4308-A767-3F4D016C0EE0.jpeg
    B06BD80A-9A47-4308-A767-3F4D016C0EE0.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 192
Windmills and wind turbines MUST BE BANNED....................oh wait..................how can we fight climate change without electricity.......................okay........................SANTA CLAUS IS BANNED.

On a serious note, my wife works for an Electric Utility, and some Bald Eagles have flown into and been killed by them.  Huge legal situation. 

I dont see how that could be a huge legal situation.  I dont see a bald eagle running into a blade on a turbine any different that hitting a bald eagle with a motor vehicle.

SpencerPJ said:
On a serious note, my wife works for an Electric Utility, and some Bald Eagles have flown into and been killed by them.  Huge legal situation.

Little known fact, it's estimated by the National Audubon Society that windmills kill as many as 328,000 birds each year. I have read reports of people finding literally piles of birds at the base of some windmills.

Not so "green" energy after all.

Re the legal issue, the difference is that windmills are put directly into natural flyways - the very winds used by the windmills is also a path used by birds.

I have heard that all the electricity made by wind turbines here in Indiana don't stay to light our state but sent elsewhere.  Also, all the jobs the turbines were to create were only while they were being built.  Now serviced by one guy.

winona said:
I have heard that all the electricity made by wind turbines here in Indiana don't stay to light our state but sent elsewhere.  Also, all the jobs the turbines were to create were only while they were being built.  Now serviced by one guy.

Yup. Not the panacea touted by many.

Back2PA said:
Little known fact, it's estimated by the National Audubon Society that windmills kill as many as 328,000 birds each year. I have read reports of people finding literally piles of birds at the base of some windmills.

Not so "green" energy after all.

Re the legal issue, the difference is that windmills are put directly into natural flyways - the very winds used by the windmills is also a path used by birds.

If the dead birds are at the base of the turbine, that means they flew into the base of the turbine, and were not struck by the blades.  That sounds like bird suicide.

Another little know fact is that roads were built directly in the path that many animals use to get from one place to another.

Back2PA said:
Yup. Not the panacea touted by many.

Where I live many people are saying wind turbines are not a panacea, but but part of a way to reduce the use of fossil fuels.

Windows! We must ban windows. I get at least 4-5 bird strikes annually as they fly into my windows and commit suicide.

That's great lol, when I told the kids we were doing our cross country trip, my youngest's biggest concern was Santa finding us.

winona said:

It's just put on the power grid.

The Energy it takes to manufacture the turbines far exceeds their economic value. 

RVMommaTo6 said:
That's great lol, when I told the kids we were doing our cross country trip, my youngest's biggest concern was Santa finding us.

Sorry RVMamma....Santa has been Banned. We are also banning windmills, Buildings, Cats, Vehicles and windows.

On the other lighter side of the news we are starting a go fund me page for suicidal birds.

Gizmo100 said:
Sorry RVMamma....Santa has been Banned. We are also banning windmills, Buildings, Cats, Vehicles and windows.

On the other lighter side of the news we are starting a go fund me page for suicidal birds.
It's only fair lol, but if I run into a window, will you start a go fund me page for me too? Lol that would make travel more fun if I didn't have a stinkin budget to worry about!

my youngest's biggest concern was Santa finding us

That's really no joke.  My older sister told me when we were both adults that when I was about three I was really upset and cried because we were going to Grandma's for Christmas.  She said they had a terrible time convincing me that Santa knew where all little kids were and that he would find me.  And he did!  ;D ;D

ArdraF

RVMommaTo6 said:
It's only fair lol, but if I run into a window, will you start a go fund me page for me too? Lol that would make travel more fun if I didn't have a stinkin budget to worry about!

Are you Kidding??? Your raising 6 kids...You would run into the window just for a good night sleep.

Maybe we could look into a government grant on the effects of RV'ing with 6 kids...............................                                            If this works I will need my normal 10% fee.

ArdraF said:
She said they had a terrible time convincing me that Santa knew where all little kids were and that he would find me.
Lol yeah I told her I would email other people who have done 10 month cross country trips to see if Santa found them, as if I know tons of them, and she was still hesitant to want to go. So I ended up promising that if Santa doesn't show, I'll take her shopping the next day to buy anything she wants. That did it lol

Gizmo100 said:
Are you Kidding??? Your raising 6 kids...You would run into the window just for a good night sleep.

Maybe we could look into a government grant on the effects of RV'ing with 6 kids...............................                                            If this works I will need my normal 10% fee.
Lol I couldn't do it without them, they do all the tough work like hook ups and dishes lol
But when they were younger, I can't deny going to sit in the car one time for quiet where they couldn't find me for a few minutes lol

Back
Top Bottom