Heading to the St. Louis area for Thanksgiving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joe.valleroy

Family and I (3 boys, 15, 12, and 1) are headed to St.Louis for Thanksgiving in our new 32' TT. Any recommendations for RV parks in the Southern Illinois/St. Louis area the boys could enjoy?

8)  Southern Illinois is way different from St Louis...from which direction are you heading there and near what highways?  I lived in the St Louis area (not southern Illinois) and in Southern Illinois.. :) If you are headed near Carbondale your options are not the same as if you were heading to say Red Bud.

Southern Illinois is so beautiful. There are tons of parks, state parks, nature parks, RV parks...you just have to decide what hook ups you want or what town you want to be near.

I am from Red Bud and that's where the majority of our visit will happen. That said, we want to enjoy our new camper to the maximum and will want to hike trails and do the nature things with the boys. Any recommendations?

In St Louis area (Wildwood) there's Babler State Park.  Nothing special, but they do have lots of space and a good hiking/bike trail.  However, there may not be water available due to cold weather season.

Jellystone rates are only for 2 people, and pay extra for each person over. I've never encountered that practice any place else. We won't be returning there.

Me & mine are new here, my first post! We live in Alton IL., so close to St. Louis I can see the arch from my deck. I have found several nice camping spots in the area but for the first time I recommend the Pere Marquette State Park. Beautiful area plenty to see & do, it's right on the Mississippi
Edit: Corrected link.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom