Headlights for '99 American Dream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevensc

I want to replace my headlight assemblies but cannot find what to buy.  I see that the side marker/turn signal light has what looks like a Cadillac emblem on them.  Someone told me I should be able to find some sort of chart on the internet to tell what type of automobile headlight a particular RV manufacturer would have used on a particular model, but have had no luck.  Anybody got any ideas to help me find what I need?  Thanks!!!

There should be a part number molded into the headlight assembly that you can usually google to determine what car or truck it was originally designed for.  This assumes it is a modern molded headlight unit, I don't know on your brand of coach, but in that vintage it may be old enough to use old fashioned square 5x7 or round sealed headlight units.  If that is the case there are modern drop in LED assemblies that greatly improve their performance.

Slide under the front end and look at the back side of the housings,, the part numbers are normally stamped there.>>>Dan

You could call American Coach Customer Service and they can tell you, or at east they used to do that before Rev Group cut back on support.  As I recall, Cadillac was the source back at that time (it has varied with body style changes on both coaches and cars). I think the 1996-2000 used the same headlamps.  An RV salvage yard  probably has them as well, e.g. Visione. They won't be cheap from the salvage yards, though. And try Ebay as well.

Another source is BuyRVLights.comhttp://buyrvlights.com/

One website claims the 1996-2000 Americans used Guide (GM) headlamps from a 1993-1996 Cadillac Fleetwood.  If so, you should see a Guide part number on the back of the light assembly.

Thanks, texas, I thought that was the case but the Tradition in those years has a somewhat different front cap than the Eagle & Dream. The headlights are mounted lower and look slightly different.  Not sure if the headlight assembly is the same or not.

Gary, you are right.  They are from a 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood.  Found one on ebay.  May have been from BuyRVLights.com.  Thanks all for your help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom