Heart update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieD

These have been a couple of frustrating weeks for us having to miss Moab after my atrial fibrillation (irregular heart beat) episode the day before departure. I have been feeling fine and no problems until the nite before last and yesterday morning, just before my scheduled stress test. Had a couple of minor episodes but was normal again in less than an hour. The stress test was fine and the doctor was pleased. Doesn't even need to see me for 4 months. Feels the medications should keep everything under control.

The fact that everything is under control is very good news Bernie. Understand the frustration at having to miss Moab and seeing Framily.

BTW you can definitely have your site back next year  ;D  It feels like the coach is down in a hole while in that site.

Good to hear everything is under control.  We did miss you and Marlene at Moab.  Was strange seeing Tom's coach there in your spot. Hope all continues to go well.

Ron said:
Was strange seeing Tom's coach there in your spot. Hope all continues to go well.

I see why Bernie likes that site - the four "spare" sewer hookups mean no trips to the dump station.

Attachments

• extra-sewer.jpg
    extra-sewer.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 12
Hey Bernie,

Glad things are looking up. ?We missed you at Moab but I think the pictures tell a 1000 stories. ?Russ made a DVD of the Non talent show for each of us , so you should be able to have a replay when ever you hook up with someone who was ?there. ?I have never ?laughed so much in my life. ?My sides still hurt. ?It would not have been good for any heart problems. (tee hee)

Say hi to Marlene. ?Tell her the Grand mum of the Red Hat chapter in Moab heard about our trip to the Moab Brewery for lunch and they want to have a joint Red Hat meeting with them next year. ?She says she can get us discounts to some of the sights. ?We love discounts!! ?Nice to have a good community reputation.

Betty Brewer

Tom said:
Ron said:
Was strange seeing Tom's coach there in your spot. Hope all continues to go well.

I see why Bernie likes that site - the four "spare" sewer hookups mean no trips to the dump station.

I guess I should point out that Chet and Laurie were in the field for two nights and they didn't have to make any trips to the dump station.  Oh I forgot they had the only full hookup site in the field. ;D

LOL Ron, I forgot Chet and Laurie borrowed your full hookup. Did you get to take a photo?

Tom said:
LOL Ron, I forgot Chet and Laurie borrowed your full hookup. Did you get to take a photo?
I'm sure Chet did. Hope he will upload it for us.  Annie told me she had some inquiries about the only full hookup site in the field.  She got quite a kick out of them.

Tom said:

Tom

We never need them, we don't dump as often as this year's occupant :D :D :D

LOL Bernie. They did make me do a double-take when I first saw them. Just hope they don't come along to clean out the U-know-what when you're having lunch one day. That happened to our friends who were camped next to the rest room last year  :)

Hey Bernie:

BernieD said:
Doesn't even need to see me for 4 months. Feels the medications should keep everything under control.

Glad to hear that you are OK and that the meds should keep you OK. A little over a year ago while installing my software at the new Red Oak Ranch RV park in Hempstead, TX, my heart did the same kinda thing - so am aware of the strange feelings a fibrillating heart will cause. In my case, it seems that another medication I take for my thyroid was not correct and had to be adjusted.

Funny thing happened at the ER at the West Houston hospital that checked me out. Shortly after being admitted and hooked up to all the stuff there, the head ER doctor came in. He was a tall, stately looking gentleman. He walked over to me and stuck out his hand to introduce himself. As soon as he touched my hand, the fibrillation immediately stopped and I was back to my normal 60 rate. Anyway, I was told later that everywhere he went the rest of the evening and the next day (word had gotten around about what had happened) smiling nurses and other staff kept coming up to him and asking him to touch them to cure this and that that was ailing them. :D

Great story Bob. Did they call him by his first name?  :)

Tom said:

That just means you're parked over the septic tank :)

Ned said:
That just means you're parked over the septic tank :)

I knew that, but don't spoil the fun. After having all those folks in our coach at one time, I'll bet the tank is now lower in the ground.

Tom said:
I knew that, but don't spoil the fun. After having all those folks in our coach at one time, I'll bet the tank is now lower in the ground.

Tom

So you have to bring in some fill and relevel it before we get there next year ;D ;D

Bernie

If you want it filled, you need to talk with Annie. I told her you'd mentioned the poor grading on that site, and she said they'd be glad to fix it for you if you paid the bill.

Ron from Big D said:
      Glad to hear the meds are taking care of the problem.  What are your summer plans?

Ron

Like most of our other trips this spring, everything we had planned got canceled for various reasons. We had reservations with a group to caravan after Moab to Sacramento for the Jazz Festival over Memorial Day, but the caravan got canceled and we weren't interested in just driving up to Sacramento for the Festival so we canceled that. We have to stay SW until July for a family affair just north of LA so we're just going to stay put till then, then off toward Minot for FMCA in August. Then wander till mid September.

How about you?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom