heated tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oran

I'm a Newbee to this forum ,,,but after looking over it ,I think its a great place to share experiences,thoughts &offer or request help ,,looks to me its a good place to be.saying all that I would like to ask for any information on the Winnie Via 25 t as far as the heated tanks go,we will be picking ours up in Forest City IA on the 16 of Nov and plan on more than likely 4-5 months before our return home in Va,we've done quite a bit of traveling in our Roadtrex and love it but wanted to get something that better meets our needs so we're hoping the Via will suit us fine but don't understand if the tanks are heated by the battery ,generator or if one has to use the propane furnace to be safe in cold weather,thanks for any answers and look forward to helping anyway i can to this forum..

robmab

The heated black and gray water tanks are heated by 12v as they as these tanks are outside the areas heated by the furnace.  The heaters are pads that are attached to the bottom of the tanks and to the drain pipe on the gray water tank.  They take a lot of power and if you are dry camping they will quickly run down your coach battery.  Underway the alternator will supply power and if plugged in to 120v/30A the AC/DC converter will power the tank heaters.  All other plumbing should be in areas heated by the furnace.

oran

thanks Bob for the quick and through info,sounds like one might have to use the genny in freezing weather while dry camping,or stay in a campground,thats soooo much better than being in the roadtrex ,,sure wasnt any heated tanks there. alrighty then thanks again for the help..

Top Bottom