heater furnace on 1996 aerolite 21rb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, im new to this forum. I had some questions about my 1996 aerolite . I bought it used from a dealership and they were so busy they did not have time to show me how to use it. I figured out how to use the pluming but i dont know to use my furnace. anybody know? I tried to turn the propane tanks on and went to the furnace and turned it to pilot and clicked the red ignitor and got nothing. one propane tank is empty and the other is very low but has a little. think that may be the problem or is there something else im missing ?

Lack of propane sounds as if it may be your problem. Try running it on a full tank. Also, since you may currently be sucking air through the system, after you fill the propane tank you should then run at least one burner on the stove for a short time to get propane distributed through the system prior to running the furnace or water heater.

Ok... Lets start over too.

Did you open the valve on the propane tank slowly?

Does the stove light and burn? If not tank(s) might be empty.

If the stove lights leave it burn low. This will hopefully pull the air out of the system more.

Now turn lighting the furnace again. Don't panic if it doesn't light the first time it might have air in the system too.

Back in the day with my old Dodge Jamboree I using to just hold the pilot safety for 1-2 minutes before even trying to light the water hear because of the long run of pipe and always loaded with air after sitting all winter long.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom