Heating and cooling problems.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burnsrv

I have a 2007 Jayco Bunkhouse. The air and furnace stopped working. The furnace will cycle on approximately every 65 minutes. It will run if the propane is on, otherwise it will shut off. It will cycle in this fashion even with no thermostat. Air conditioner will not turn on at all. Also the fuse-able link blows the fuse immediately when hooked to the battery. Power has two cables to the battery one fused and one without a fuse. I am not sure where the fused cable terminates.

Furnace REQUIRES propane and 12VDC to work. AC REQUIRES 120VAC to work. Turn any or all of those off and stuff will not work.
So, based on what you said the furnwce acts normal when you turn the gas off. You did not mention whether your connected to shore power, so Im guessing no to that too.

Have you tested the battery?
The battery is holding a charge. The positive side has two cables. One has a fuse. The fuse blows immediately upon being connected. Everything else in the RV works. It is puzzling because of the fuse and the furnace cycling even if the thermostat is removed.

If your blowingma fuse you either have the wrong size fuse installed or you have a short. What size fuse is blowing?

If your blowingma fuse you either have the wrong size fuse installed or you have a short. What size fuse is blowing?
It is a green blade style inserted into the battery cable and is 32A. I am not sure where it leads. But I will have to follow it. I am pretty sure it is connected to the heating/cooling issue. The Jayco thermostat does not have batteries like most thermostats I am familiar with. I suspect that the power to the thermostat is related to that fuse-able link.

The thermostat will be powered from the house 12v system - no need for its own batteries. If the thermostat handles both heating and cooling, it probably gets its 12v power from the a/c unit. If it's heating only, then it likley comes from the furnace.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom