Hello all, I'm a new member....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gardengirl

Hello....just joined the forum. We have a 17' Bigfoot trailer but are thinking of buying a small motorhome ( class  C ? ) in the next couple of years and are in the information gathering process.
Looking forward to learning lots !

Welcome to our forum. Glad you stopped by and said hello. Let us know if we can help answer any questions.

Hi gardengirl,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get all your questions answered. Do you have a family? If so the class C certainly would be a better fit than a class A. There is a strict rule with Class A's that should not be violated: cocktails for 6, dinner for 4, sleeps 2!! ;D

gardengirl said:
Hello....just joined the forum. We have a 17' Bigfoot trailer but are thinking of buying a small motorhome ( class? C ? ) in the next couple of years and are in the information gathering process.
Looking forward to learning lots !

Welcome to the RV Forum. ?Glad you found us. ?Please join in any of the discussions, ask any questions you have, or start new discussions relating ti the RVing lifestyle.

What part of the country are you from?

We live in Vancouver BC Canada. We do most of our camping on Vancouver Island but would like to do a trip across Canada and down to the Baja in the next few years. We are thinking that a small motorhome rather than our current trailer might be what we would like to travel in to do these trips. Our thoughts are that there is probably "good, better, best" in the way of manufacturers and chassis, engine etc. We would like to explore our options with this idea in mind and are hoping this kind of forum can give us some help with this.

Just looking back over the previous comments and I might have my Class A's and C's mixed up. We are looking at the type that has the "van" looking front and an over head berth on top of the driver and passenger seats.

gardengirl said:
We are looking at the type that has the "van" looking front and an over head berth on top of the driver and passenger seats.

That's a class B C. For an illustrated explanation of the various RV types/classes click on the Library button above, select Newcomers need to know and then choose RV types.

[edit]Corrected typo.[/edit]

Thanks for the tip. Your Library looks like it is packed with usefull information including what type of RV we're looking for. After looking at the pictures as you suggested, it's a Class C that we're after.
Do you have any suggestions on where I could find " Good, better, best" type of information on different makes of the Class C RV ? I am not thinking  about interior lay-out because that is a matter of personal preference. More like what would be top-end, middle of the road and the basic in brand name. ( bearing in mind that we are in BC ) There are so many makes and models it's hard to know where to start.
Thanks for your help.

gardengirl said:
Thanks for the tip. Your Library looks like it is packed with usefull information including what type of RV we're looking for. After looking at the pictures as you suggested, it's a Class C that we're after.
Do you have any suggestions on where I could find " Good, better, best" type of information on different makes of the Class C RV ? I am not thinking  about interior lay-out because that is a matter of personal preference. More like what would be top-end, middle of the road and the basic in brand name. ( bearing in mind that we are in BC ) There are so many makes and models it's hard to know where to start.
Thanks for your help.

From what I've heard one of the "best" would be the Lazy Daze. There are no distributors to my knowledge. You must buy from the factory but the workmanship appears to be superior to all other brands. We have a member that owned one and I'm sure he'll jump in with his assessment.

GG

>>Do you have any suggestions on where I could find " Good, better, best" type of information on different makes of the Class C RV ? <<

I think the best is Chinook, followed by Coachhouse Platinum & Dynamax products.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry A. Brewer said:
GG

>>Do you have any suggestions on where I could find " Good, better, best" type of information on different makes of the Class C RV ? <<

I think the best is Chinook, followed by Coachhouse Platinum & Dynamax products.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Terry,

Does Chinook make a real class C? We have the Chinook B+ which does not have the overhead bunk. One left and that will be the last one. They do not sell well in New England.

I second Jim's recommendation for the LAZYDAZE class C.  The ones I have seen have been very impressive and anybody that owns or has owned one have only good things to say about them. 

Jim

>>Does Chinook make a real class C? We have the Chinook B+ which does not have the overhead bunk. <<

No all the ones I mentioned use that space for an entertainment center...It is also a option on the LazyDaze. They have a 27' with dual slideouts? with a queen size bed. Their slides are like the Prevosts with air bulb seals & automatic locking pins...you can also get heated tile floors.

>>They do not sell well in New England.<<

I don't doubt that as they are very expensive...and we know how frugal New Englanders can be.<BG>

Terry
Off tomorrow to John Day Dam

Tom said:
That's a class B. For an illustrated explanation of the various RV types/classes click on the Library button above, select Newcomers need to know and then choose RV types.

I am confused...
A class B motorhome....  with overhead berth on top of the driver??
Am I missing something?

Terry,

Frugal is an understatement for New Englanders! ;D I can count on one hand all the high line coaches I've seen since we got into RVing.

They took on the Chinook line two years ago. I'm not sure but I'd bet the one left is over a year old. With a price tag over $100K there won't be many takers. Someone might get a good deal as I'm sure they want to get rid of it.

Several manufacturers have the option for the entertainment center overhead. I've seen some with a single bunk as well. We now have the Jayco class C but I haven't seen enough of them to know what the quality is like.

Gardengirl's description sounds more like a Class C to me, Tom.  Few B's have an over-cab sleeping area.  But our most excellent  illustrated glossary will surely help her figure out the correct terminology.

Good catch Gary. Typo on my part - my brain was saying it was obviously a class C but my fingers were typing something else. I'll correct my prior post.

Google is your friend, take a look at: http://www.motorhomereviewonline.com/gas_C_ratings2000_2004.htm

Back
Top Bottom