Hello All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rick

Hi everyone.

Gail & I are fairly new to RVing and are looking forward to hitting the road fulltime in the next year or 2. (After I retire). We are in the process of working things out and making sure all the Tees get crossed and I's dotted. Allot more involved than I though and I'm looking forward to picking some well informed brains on this site. I'll start with a quick question which I also posted under tow vehicles. Anyone know where I can get a 2005 listing for towable vehicles?

Rick said:
Hi everyone.

Gail & I are fairly new to RVing and are looking forward to hitting the road fulltime in the next year or 2. (After I retire). We are in the process of working things out and making sure all the Tees get crossed and I's dotted. Allot more involved than I though and I'm looking forward to picking some well informed brains on this site. I'll start with a quick question which I also posted under tow vehicles. Anyone know where I can get a 2005 listing for towable vehicles?

Welcome to the Forum Rick and Gail.

I see by your tag line that you have a '96 GC. From the number of them is see behind MHs I would say that is a very good choice. If you're happy with your '96 I would stick with it or if you want a new towed get a new GC.

Rick & Gail,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Glad to see that you found us and hope that you stick around and participate with questions and comments.  Don has given you good advice.  We have a 2002 GC that we tow and we love it.  I don't think you can go wrong going with another  ;D

Hi Rick & Gail,

Welcome to the RV Forum Framily.  To answer you question about Toad vehicles you have one of the better ones IMHO.  We tow a 2001 Grand Cherokee Limited with no problems at all.  Towing instructions are included in the owners manual.  You can tow all day long and as many miles as you want without worring aboput starting and running the toad engine for a bit.

The FMCA magazine covers towable vehicles in the magazine at least once a year and this information is available on the FMCA web site HERE

What part of the country are you from?

Thanks to all of you for your answers. :) We're in Virginia Beach, Va. "Born & Raised" I agree with everyone on the GC as the best, however ours is getting on in years & miles and we have been looking for a newer model. Again, cost is a factor as is the bosses likes & dislikes. (Colors, options etc). Thought we had the one last weekend, but it was sold before we could get it. We want a 2004 Limited but again, finding the right color and options combo is proving difficult. I do not like the 2005s, as you have to get the V-8 to get 4wd. Now, we have not looked at GCs in along time, but one feature I do not like on the newer ones (2004s included) is the location of the parking brake. It sticks up like a sore thumb, seems like more so on the 2005s. Whoever was the design genius on that one should be fired IMO. In our 96 the handle is at least down flush in the center console. Anyway, I was looking for alternatives and I think about the only one I can see that can be towed besides the jeeps and without allot of hassle is the Isuzu Ascender. Seems like a fairly good vehicle and has a pretty good rating, but (and you guessed it) the boss doesn?t like it. So it?s back to searching for a GC, or getting something for the boss to drive and worry about something to tow later.? Oh well, one of those trails in life, or is that trials? No matter. Again, thanks to all for your help and I will be monitoring the site often.

Rick

We bought a 2001 Nissan XTerra because we weren't that happy with the GC for a couple of different reasons and did like the features of the XTerra. It is part time 4wd and not factory set for 4 down towing (later models may differ) but we installed a REMCO drive shaft disconnect for about $500 and have a very easy to set up toad. It has more interior room that the GC but you have to like the distinctive ;D look. Have over 45,000 miles (plus another 45,000 towed miles) on it and still love it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom