Hello! Currently in Tennessee...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Book14me

Hello all,
I am a recent convert to full time motorhome life, along with my dog and cat. Started in a 37ft fifth wheel in April, then sold my Nashville house and moved us into a new-to-me 2008 Holiday Rambler in August...then broke my ankle 2 days before departing on our travels ??‍♀️ I am back up and walking and have a final dr appt next week, then heading south?

I am somewhat frantically reading the forum and Library because freezing temps ?caught? us before I headed south. This is distracting me from my nerves about driving my house down the highway?

Thanks in advance for your advice?
Kelley

Hi Kelley, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new found lifestyle! I would love to hear what made you decide to sell it all and go full time. Do you have any previous experience?
What a pain having a broken ankle!!! Especially in an RV because you're maneuvering steps that are narrow compared to "house doorways" 

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you use the Search function in the links above and type in "winterize" you should get lots of info.

If in doubt feel free to ask specific questions....

Safe travels and hope your ankle is back to normal soon.

RVMommaTo6 said:
I would love to hear what made you decide to sell it all and go full time. Do you have any previous experience?
What a pain having a broken ankle!!! Especially in an RV because you're maneuvering steps that are narrow compared to "house doorways"

So sorryfor my slow reply!! I thought I would get a notification if there were replies, whoops!

How did I decide to sell the house and go fulltime... Of course, it was a complex decision that I reached after a couple of years of thinking it over. Ive always loved travel and photography, so I decided to change my circumstances so I could do a lot more of those things, with my dog and cat, of course.

The broken ankle situation was crummy, but hopping around a motorhome was actually easier because mine is a single level floor plan and everything is close, haha. I did have to go up and down the entry door steps on my behind, haha! Im all healed up now, though, and our travels have commenced??

Thanks for your welcoming message!

And a late welcome from SE Alabama..I'm still figuring out little things about the RV forum.

But I can assure you....Some of the nicest people hang out here to help with problems that come up.

Even here in upstate SC it froze last night though it did not bother me (I'm not hooked to park for water, Only sewer nad that line is full of air just now)  Normally does not bother me though we have a few sub freezing nights here.  Parks have been bothered a time or 3 though.

Book14me said:
So sorryfor my slow reply!! I thought I would get a notification if there were replies, whoops!

You can change that by going to [Profile] in the menu above. Select [Account Settings], hover over [Account Profile] and select [Notifications] then change your preferences there.

Welcome to the forum.

That's great! For me, I've dreamt of living in an RV (or a boat) since I was a little kid. I love traveling and seeing new places and I love the idea of the freedom and not being tied down to one location. I've owned my home for 16 years and I'm itching to get out of here. But my kids are still school age and don't want to be away from their friends. Having the house is important to them so I'm holding onto it for now. Once the kids are gone, so is the house!
If you love photography, check out Seilerbird's work, he's amazing, his work blows me away. There are links in his signature.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom