Hello, Everybody!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigTonyB

My name is Tony, and I just joined this website.
My wife Linda and I just purchased a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer 32v on the Ford V10 chassis. This is our first Class A MH, so I have a lot to learn.
We started RVing in 1998 with a 1989 Airstream Excella 34' TT. We enjoyed it for about 6 years until we decided to live in it while building our new home in NC. We ended up living in it for 5 months, and it ruined any ideas I had about using it for vacation again. We sold it, and were without an RV for less than a year when we decided to try a Class B.  We loved the quality of our old Airstream, so we searched for and found a nice 1996 Airstream B190.
We've had many great adventures with it, but because of my bad back I could no longer sleep on the sofa/bed.
We sold it a couple of years ago and have been without anything since.
We have been searching for something with a real bed that we could easily drive without needing a towed vehicle too.
We looked at other Class B's and B plus MHs and then at Class C's. There were a lot of nice things out there, but nothing that excited us. We never even considered a Class A, thinking they would be too much to drive, and too expensive. An RV salesman steered us towards looking at some of the A's they had on the lot, and we were surprised at how nice they were and how affordable (at least for the 12 year old we ended up with).
I was still intimidated by the size for driving around town, but after I test drove a few I realized they were actually easier than the Class C's we had tried. After looking at dozens of units, we ended up with this gently used Winnebago that was priced right.
Our rig came with a Falcon tow bar, but I have nothing to tow right now, unless somebody has advice on how to tow a 2000 Explorer with AWD. We're going to try using it solo, and see how we do.
If anybody has specific advise for my new rig, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Tony

Hello Tony...  :)

Great post and I commend you on jumping back into the RV world on the purchase on a pre-owned Winnebago.

I am the proud owner of a 2012 Winnebago 'Vista' 27 footer and love it.

I have not ventured in to the towing options as of yet.  I thought of maybe NOT towing my 3 Series BMW and opt to renting a small vehicle when I get to a site if I feel the urge to see the area. 

I was thinkin' along the lines of not towing the extra weight that I would be saving enough fuel and $$$ to renting a compact vehicle.

When I do tow I have found from this site the best option for me will be the good old American tow-bar...

Those are my thoughts...

'Baghdad Bill'

Thanks, Bill. That's a good idea about renting a car when needed. I'm going to bring a couple of bicycles for nearby errands.

Hi Tony...  8)

I'm going to do the same thing with the bikes for the wife & I.

We're going one step further and gettin' a doggie trailer for our Westie, Fergus...  When he's not in the trailer our groceries from the store down the street from our site will be... ;D

'Baghdad Bill'

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom