Hello everyone! Buying my first RV 1999 tour master

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blastedrat

Hello everyone! So I am a noob and buying my first RV. After a few months of looking, I think I am settling on the 99 Gulfstream Tourmaster. Found one not too far with around 45k miles, that looks immaculate with lot's of nice upgrades. Being totally new to this, I really don't know what to look for and ask. I am not mechanically inclined either but the seller said it runs like new. Any advice you can give a noob? Things or questions I should be asking for? Planning to use it for some traveling, and eventually living in awhile while my place in Big Pine Key which was destroyed by hurricane is repaired, so living in and traveling, this is why I chose this big one, I love the bedroom and closets. Appreciate and advice, ideas or thought anyone might have, looking forward to this next endeavor!

The seller always says that, right?

We have RV Buying checklists in the RVForum Library (see the section on Checklists), but it would be best if you had a knowledgeable friend or a professional RV inspector look it over.

https://nrvia.org/

Hello and welcome :)

We bought a low-mileage 2000 RV and of course it runs just fine! But the front needed alignment, the rear brakes needed a complete re-do, the charcoal canister/vacuum system went bad, and when parked at a slight slant, it leaked along the canopy rail. A year later the water-heater went out and now the on-board generator has a problem. STILL, it was a good deal because the after criss-crossing the lower 48 twice and a trip to Alaska.......we have 85,000 miles and it still 'runs-fine' ;D

Welcome tho the RV Forum blastedrat

I would have to 2nd the professional RV inspector idea.

Asking the seller questions would likely not get you anywhere.

Thanks guys! Going to try and find a professional to check it out today for us. Fingers crossed!

If you can't find a professional inspector, hire a mobile RV tech to spend an hour or two giving it a once-over. It's probably not as through, but at least its a review by a knowledgeable person.

Thanks, wasn't able to find a tech yet, one guy wanted an astronomical amount of money, saying it would take him 6-8 hours, and that  was only for the house, at a quote of $1000-1200. I'm in the wrong business! Have a family friend that I'm hoping can help and take a look next week. I am saving around 10K from what I was expecting to spend so I am thinking if it does need some repairs that would be enough to cover it or am I being naive?

Back
Top Bottom