Hello everyone, I'm new member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

palmetto

Hello fellow Rv'ers. My name is Larry and I live with my lovely wife Nell in Catawba,SC. (close to Charlotte,NC) We own a 1999 Harney Renegade, 37' with Cat 3126B and a 6 speed Allison tranny. We got into RVing last year and acquired this coach last March. Although she is an orphan, she is in great shape and was actually re-skinned by Monaco in 2002. We have done a good bit of customization including Tracstar satellite TV, Blue Ox Trucenter, a new Flexsteel incliner, a new home style Thetford Aria toilet, and some new graphics. Looking forward to reading and participating in the forum.

Hi Larry and Nell. Welcome and thanks for stopping by. Feel free to ask questions, join in any of the discussions, or start one of your own.

Hello Larry and Nell!  Welcome to the RV Forum.  We'll be looking foorward toyour participation in Forum discussions.

Why did your coach require a new skin?  Was this a warranty issue?

Steve:
Well, if you know any of the history of Harney Coach Co. (SCM Corp) they were acquired by Monaco. I bought the coach used and was able to speak to the previous owner who first told me about the re-skin. Seems it developed delamination on the passenger side and in 2002, although out of warranty, Monaco completely reskinned it with new aluminum skins. Monaco "remanufactured" some of the Harney product after their acquisition. I verified this with Monaco. I think this speaks highly of Monaco. They have been good to work with and I am able to get technical info and parts from them, which is great. I had the coach "gone over" from top to bottom by a large truck shop in Charlotte,NC (Magnum chassis) and they gave me a glowing report that the chassis was in great condition. The house is in great shape and the 3126B Cat engine has been chipped to 330, has only 40K on it and runs great. Previous owner bought it new and traded it on a new Monaco product (which ever one has 4 slides). He never drove it over 65mph and took great care of it, so we think we have a nice coach at about 50% of the original MSRP.

I am familiar with some of the history of Harney when it was acquired by Safari.  It's good to hear about the way Monaco took care of you.

Sounds like you have a pretty good coach that should give you years of enjoyment.

What mods have you performed on your own?

Hi Larry & Nell,

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay. Be sure to ask any question you might have.

Sounds like you found a great deal in your coach. Hope it gives you many miles of fun! There's a forum rally coming up in October in GA. Perhaps you could find time to join us so you could meet some of our members face to face. I believe you'll find info on it in our Rallies section. We plan on being there during our trip home in FL.

I believe the first wine I ever had many, many years ago was Catawba. ;D ;D

Jim:
Thanks. Yes, we will look at coming to the Rally in October. What on earth were you doing in Catawba,SC.? (It's a huge place you know, consists of a couple of stores, a post office, a few houses and hu-mongus Bowater paper mill :-\ We don't actually live in the little town, they just deliver our mail.

palmetto said:
Jim:
Thanks. Yes, we will look at coming to the Rally in October. What on earth were you doing in Catawba,SC.? (It's a huge place you know, consists of a couple of stores, a post office, a few houses and hu-mongus Bowater paper mill :-\ We don't actually live in the little town, they just deliver our mail.

Sorry to confuse you. We weren't "in" Catawba. The wine was called Catawba! ;D ;D ;D

Looking forward to possibly meeting you in October!!! Gary puts on a good rally with the help of a lot of other folks.

Larry & Nell,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Glad you found us.  Sounds like you will be attending a rally in October.  I'm sure you will enjoy it.  Since we are not going to be in that area of the country this year we will miss it.

Looking forward to meeting you sometime.

Thanks Ron,maybe we will get to "howdy and shake" sometime. ;D And Dick, hahaha..yep, a little confusion there. Catawba wine huh? New one on me but I hope you enjoyed it! How many members usually attend the rally? I looked at the info yesterday and realize that is the week of our wedding anniversary...39 yrs this year and to the same woman yet LOL. I wonder if the RV rally would be an adequate gift ::)

palmetto said:
Thanks Ron,maybe we will get to "howdy and shake" sometime. ;D And Dick, hahaha..yep, a little confusion there. Catawba wine huh? New one on me but I hope you enjoyed it! How many members usually attend the rally? I looked at the info yesterday and realize that is the week of our wedding anniversary...39 yrs this year and to the same woman yet LOL. I wonder if the RV rally would be an adequate gift ::)

Actually the Catawba wine was very sweet which I liked at the time. Now I much prefer a dry red. :)

The Southeast rally varies but usually a half dozen or so attend. It's a laid back, relaxing, enjoyable time with some nice people. We just passed our 41st anniversary. I'm sure there must be a nice place nearby where you could take your bride to dinner. Perhaps Gary Brinck would know as he is organizing the rally.

Hi Larry...
Glad to hear you may join us at the 2005 Southeast Rally.  It is actually the first week in November but many will arrive on 10/30 or 10/31.  We look forward to meeting you & Nell there...

More rally info is at:
http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=1064.msg9693#msg9693

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom