Hello Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martinday

Hello everyone my name is Martin and I am new to the forum and have been out of camping since we sold our Class A a few years ago. My wife and I and our three kids have looked at every travel trailer in the southeast and have decided to make the final decision on Saturday. I like
the Jayco she likes the Keystone both are 31 foot bunkhouses anybody have any last minute
words of wisdom ???

Nope - check the towing capacity of your tow vehicle, and if both trailer's GVWR are well within it's range, then go with your heart(s) on the trailer. Don't know how you are going to resolve the his vs her issue, but the wisdom of the ages says "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!".

Gary,

Thanks for your feedback you are right I should just give in and accept my fate especially
since the disagreement involves the kitchen. I am good on the tow vehicle I am rated at around 9700 pounds gross, I might as well have some benefit from the gas guzzling V10 :D

If it's the kitchen that's the point of disagreement, then the person who does the most cooking and washing gets the deciding vote. She gets her way on the layout or you do the cooking and the dishes......tough decision, huh?

Wendy,

That is a valid point my cooking skills only involve the grill so I better concede the race

wendycoke said:
If it's the kitchen that's the point of disagreement, then the person who does the most cooking and washing gets the deciding vote. She gets her way on the layout or you do the cooking and the dishes......tough decision, huh?

Kitchen, color, floorplan. If there are differing opinions see Gary's Rule above. ;D

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the RV Forum.  Please join in on any of the ongoing discussions, as questions, or start new discussions. Thanks for joining us.

As for the upcoming decision that is easy just exercise you right to get the last two word in and say "YES DEAR" and go for it.  After all Gary's rule does apply.  Have fun.

Well I followed everyone's advice and bought the Keystone with the nicer kitchen. Actually
they made it easy on me and sold the Jayco. I did have to bargain for a stove though because
interestingly enough it was made in 2004 when there was a shortage of stoves and they
used convection microwaves. Anyway she will have a new stove and a nice kitchen that will
keep me eating at least for now  ;D

Hi Martin,

You made the right decision. ;D Now you will enjoy your outings and won't have to cook. I remember the shortage of stoves with ovens. Some manufacturers were installing stove tops with the option to put in the oven when they became available. It wasn't a hard job but the cabinet did have to be reworked.

Good choice. You should always keep momma happy. As for the stove/oven deal, we had a lot of dealers tell us that no one wanted an oven anymore, everyone wanted MW/convection ovens and no regular oven. Sorry to disagree with all those men, but I like having a gas oven and gladly give up the storage space it takes up. Sometimes you just want something from the oven.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom