Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silvana

We are relative newbies, and are glad to see a good place to get valuable information. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the RV Forum, the original RV online community. Feel free to look around and ask any questions.

Welcome to the RV Forum .  Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions.  Thanks for joining us.

Hi Everyone!!

I'm new, from Maine.  We sold our 14' 1976 Winnebago TT and are looking to upgrade.  We were very intested in Sunline, but I just heard today that they have gone out of business.  We were very sad to hear that, and now are back to square one.

We are looking for a 28' or shorter, to be hauled w/ a 2003 suburban

I'm learning alot from all of you.

Thanks!!

Julie
Husand -  Brian
Dog -  Foo Foo the ****-Poo

Hi Julie and Brian, welcome to the RV Forum, the oldest RV online community. Feel free to look around and let us know if we can answer any questions.

Hi Julie and Brian,

Welcome to the RV Forum .  Please look around the forum,  join in on any of the on going discussions, start new discussions, or ask questions.  Thanks for joining us.

Hi Julie & Brian,

Your comment on Sunline really surprised me. I work part time at a dealership in CT during the summer and they carried Sunline. I just called them and the sales department said that they are still in business. Now I won't guarantee it but you might want to check a little further just to be sure. We used to sell a lot of Sunlines but they are now selling more Jaycos since they are less expensive with similar floor plans.

Hi Jim -

I called a couple of dealers here in Maine this morning and they said they just received the certified letter yesterday stating that sunline has closed.  One dealer I talked to said they are looking into getting another warranty on the ones they have on stock.  Another said they didn't know what they were going to do yet, said they had no idea this was happening.

I am going to look at the jayco floorplans and see if I see anything we might like. We've heard good things about Jayco,  one dealer said he wasn't fond of the Jay feather though.  We were interested in a model w/ a rear slide,  My husband & I are not lightweights and didn't know if that would lead to problems with the slide. 

We're gonna keep searching!!

Julie & Brian 

Hi Julie,

I will be interested in what you find out. Sunline has been a good company for many years. It's sad to see one go out of business.

It's not unusual for a dealer not to be fond of certan lines of rigs. That doesn't make them bad or good. A dealer must try to sell whatever they carry. Jayco may not be the top of the line but they do seem to have some value. I only do PDI's and orientaition and the rigs seem OK but I'm not comparing them to the rest that are out there. Do your homework and I'm sure you'lll find the rig for you.

Back
Top Bottom