Hello Fellow RV'ers Question about pantry slide outs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

On The Road Again

We own a 2002 Fleetwood Southwind. The orginial owners that bought it, did not order the slide out pantry rakes. They just got the built in shelves. My wife and I hate them. Being use to having slide outs on our other MH's, I want to change these to slideouts. I am quite handy and have a garage full of wood working tools, etc. Lucky me huh? We are on the road about 6 months out of the year. OK, so the question is, should I make my own out of wood and find some type of heavy duty sliders or can I buy what is needed and install them.  If so, any ideas or web sites where I can locate them? Thanks so much for your help, as always. Bud n Ann

Hi Bud n Ann,

I'm going to guess that the proper slideouts for your coach will only be obtained from the manufacturer. They all seem to have their own idea of what size they should be. If you are really handy with wood and slideout mechanisms then you might be ahead of the game by doing it yourself. You might check with Fleetwood to see if they have the parts available but I would doubt it.

I just ordered a new set of slides for my pantry.  They are quite solid and cost $40.00 cdn for the pair at Home Depot. 
Leo

It would be a long shot, but you might call some of the RV Salvage listed in the library.  You just might find exactly what you need.  Just a thought

Here's the link to the list.

We had the same problem with our MH and, being a woodworker myself, I purchased 100 lb Accuride  Full extension slides and built four drawers to fit.  I kept the same door to keep the area covered...made a big difference and the wife is happy ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom