Hello from GA - New to forum and RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsb00073

Hello Forum, My Wife and I have been talking about buying a farm for 2 years and we have decided with the way land prices are in Georgia right now the best thing for us to do is buy the farm and plan on living in an RV on it for a year or 2 while we build the house that we want. 

Yesterday was the first time that i have ever stepped into an RV minus the 1 night i stayed in my father in laws airstream before the wife and i were married.  I learned then that i am not an airstream guy being 6' 3" there just wasn't enough room to move around.  We know we are going to buy used since this first purchase is to help us save money for our ultimate dream but we looked at both new and used to yesterday just to get the feel for the floor plans and space offerings and the one thing we both agreed on was that we feel in love with Front Living fifth wheels like the Keystone Montana 3731FL, and i was just wondering if the Front living floor plans are a new thing in the market. To us it made so much sense have more headroom in the bathroom and bedroom then in the living room and we loved the open area that really felt like an entertainment space in the front living. 

Sorry for the long winded topic for a intro post but we are starting to get excited about the possibility of the farm coming sooner than we thought and now i am trying to learn all i can about RVs.  We will probably end up taking the RV on a few trips while we own it to Asheville, Pensacola, and if we feeling daring to Colorado in the winter so it wont only sit in one place without moving for the entirety of our ownership but 90% of the time it will.

Thanks for being such a good source for new RVers.

Dan

Welcome
Front living has been around for quite a few years.
My concern is your tow vehicle.
The tow rating is virtually  useless number what you are concerned with are the payload capacity of the truck as well as the CVWR
So what do you  propose to tow the fifth wheel with?

I will be getting a tow vehicle when the time comes to double as my farm truck.  I am hoping to find a 2000-2003 F-350 7.3L 4x4 but am also willing to look at a 6.0 that has been "bulletproofed."  I am hoping i can get away with not having to get a dually just out of personal preference but am also open to the option if it is the only thing that will tow what i want. I have access to a dodge 5500 cummins diesel at my office that we use to haul heavy equipment so i could get it to my property when i buy the trailer.

We plan on having the Septic Tank put in first thing and most of the properties i have looked at already have wells and electricity run.

The wife and I are hoping to start a horse boarding business with riding arenas, riding lessons, the whole nine yards, so i wont be doing any real farming except for planting my own food plots and managing my property for Hunting and Fishing.

Hi and welcome, sounds like you are in for an interesting time ahead.  Keep us posted on your progress and good luck with your venture.

Back
Top Bottom