Hello from Kyle, Tx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Retiredguy901

Roy and Susan saying hello from Texas. Long-time RVers who started with a cab-over camper, then several tongue pull trailers, a gooseneck, then to our current rig in 2005 with a Class A, gasoline, 38-foot Damon Intruder. We purchased it new and overall we are very pleased with it.
Right now, I have a problem with no power in the coach when plugged into shore power. Coincidentally, I just installed two new house batteries and everything was working fine after the installation. I have checked the main breaker inside the coach and it was not tripped. I turned it off and back on with no change. I have also checked the breaker the power cord is plugged into at my residence and it is not tripped. I suppose it might be my transformer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi Roy & Susan and welcome to RVForum.net. We will help you out as much as we can.

When you say "no power", do you mean no 120v for the a/c, fridge, etc., or no 12v power for lighting and such. You will need to be more specific to get diagnostic help. Better yet, if you can use an electrical voltmeter, check to see whether there is 120v power at the main breaker and the branch circuits, and the actual voltage at the battery(s). The battery voltage is a good clue as to whether DC power is available.

Be aware that some 120v-powered things still require 12vdc (battery) power for their control circuit boards, so loss of 12v can make it seem like nothing works. For example, the wall thermostat needs 12v to be able to call for the 120v a/c to run.

Welcome Roy and Susan. I have a brother that lives in Kyle. Gary seems to have you covered for now. But I just wanted to welcome you. Post up when you have any questions, and someone will be along with an answer. Welcome again, and hope to see you down the road!

Thanks so much for responding to my predicament. I continued to search and found all three 30 amp fuses blown at the power control unit. I have no idea what caused the fuses to burn. I replaced them and the power was restored. As I stated, I had just replaced the two 6-volt house batteries and everything was working, Then about three days later, I checked to see if the batteries were still fully charged and discovered there was absolutely no power to the couch even though the house batteries were still fully charged. Any ideas as to what caused this?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom